For those of you who don’t already know, my 4 year old son was battling cancer for the past year. This is a major reason why you may not have heard from me personally so much. Sadly, 3 weeks ago, our fight came to an end.
Despite the sadness and loss we continue to feel, we do remain thankful for much – the extra year we had with him since diagnosis, the incredible kindness and support of friends and the community, the rich quality of life he had this past year, all the good that was done in his name, and the opportunity to experience countless moments of Divine Providence. Focusing on all this seems to help, in a way, lighten some of the heartache and pain.
Thanks to any of you who have sent messages of support, condolences, or helped in any other ways. I will forever be grateful. I would also like to take the opportunity to show Hakarat Hatov (gratefulness) to my colleagues and organization, Jerusalem U, for allowing me to give most of my attention to try and help save my son this past year.
As we approach the Shloshim – 30 day marker of mourning – my family is focused on moving forward (with our new son of three months old). For me, that also means jumping back into work on behalf of Israel and the Jewish people. I am hoping to be more in touch and reconnect with most of you in a more personal way in the coming days, weeks, months, etc… as I slowly get back into full gear.
May we merit to share only good news together in the future and may we continue our work together to strengthen and share the beauty of the Jewish people and Israel with the world. As this past year was one of the most challenging times in my life, my family found so much strength and faith in the timeless ideals and beliefs of our rich Jewish heritage. May this continue to infuse my passion for the work we do together. Wishing you nothing but happiness and sweetness in your lives — David Coleman
Most Clicked This Week
- Israeli teen accused of making bomb threats to JCC's [VIDEO]
- "To celebrate #WorldWaterDay, ISRAEL21c takes a look at 10 water innovation projects bringing clean water to communities across the world"
- National Council of Jewish Women: Our tent is big enough for terrorists
- Arab Sex and Arab Terror
- "Israel must stress again and again, before it happens, that these Lebanese villages storing Hizballah weapons have become military posts, and are therefore legitimate targets"
- #StandWithUs prevented from arranging memorial at Hyatt Chicago hotel where JVP is holding annual meeting featuring convicted terrorist
- "Israel's Arrow missile defense system neutralized threat of 200 kilo warhead fired by Syria"
- Netanyahu: Israel welcomes confirmed American Ambassador Friedman as 'a staunch friend of Israel'