Most Clicked This Week
- Push to defund police created what some have called the “Minneapolis Effect”
- On Tuesday, the seventh day of the Hebrew month of Cheshvan, Israel celebrated Aliyah Day
- "The Islamic Republic is advancing both the enrichment and weaponization tracks needed to build a bomb"
- "BDS has made life worse for Palestinian Arabs, the very people they falsely claim to help"
- "Many of us liberal Jews are not awake to the hatred of our colleagues, students, professors, and thought leaders"
- "Traditionalists chafe at the contemporary-art approach to Holocaust commemoration being employed at Babyn Yar, a site of mass shootings in World War II. But it has brought visitors for an anniversary"
- “The AP's report on the discovery of a First Temple era toilet omits Jewish references, while a NY Times Rosh Hashanah recipe evokes 'Canaanites,' not Israelites”
- Gilad Erdan blasts co-founders of ice cream maker over Axios interview. "Demanding from Israel what is demanded from no other country is the definition of antisemitism"
Tag Archives: Russia
To get a sense of just how bad Russia’s sudden about face is for Israel, it’s important to remember what jolted Netanyahu into action six years ago
ISRAEL HAYOM (by agreement with JNS) How Putin Understands the Lapid-Bennett Government by Caroline Glick July 31, 2021 Thursday it was reported that the IDF is planning to change its tactics in Syria and will base its operations against Iranian … Continue reading
JTA Putin holds up Israel as a model of unity for Ukrainians and Russians by Cnaan Liphshiz July 1, 2021 …Another influential Jewish figure for Putin was his wrestling coach, Anatoly Rakhlin, who sparked the young Putin’s interest in sports … Continue reading
Israeli woman freed by Syria while Israel returned two shepherds to the Syria-controlled side of the Golan Heights
AL JAZEERA Israel and Syria conclude Russia-mediated prisoner swap February 19, 2021 Syria released an Israeli woman after Israel returned two shepherds to the Syrian-controlled side of the Golan Heights amid a Russian-mediated prisoner swap. The woman, who has not … Continue reading
MOSAIC What Israel Gained from Its Russian Citizens by Matti Friedman November 30, 2020 It seems to me that the single event that brought the most good to Israel since its founding was the Russian wave of the 1990s. There … Continue reading
“The Israeli government categorizes many of the Russian immigrants as “Israelis of no religion” because they do not satisfy the demands of an overbearing rabbinic establishment”
MOSAIC MAGAZINE The Crisis of Israeli Religious Identity by David Brofsky November 16, 2020 …In the former Soviet Union, religion was not simply discouraged, but actively repressed. Although some brave refuseniks learned Hebrew and returned to religious observance while still … Continue reading
ASIA TIMES Donald Trump’s lonely victory in the Middle East by David P. Goldman September 17, 2020 …But Trump did not lean on Turkey. Nor did he leave the field open to Iran. On the contrary: He let Russia contain … Continue reading
THE MEDIA LINE Transcript: Russia Blocked Second Obama UN Resolution on Israel by Charles Bybelezer June 18, 2020 According to a recently declassified transcript of a phone conversation between former White House adviser Michael Flynn and then-Russian ambassador to Washington … Continue reading
NEW CRITERION Leninthink by Gary Saul Morson October 2019 …As we approach the 150th anniversary of Lenin’s birth, understanding him grows ever more important. Despite the fall of the Soviet Union, Leninist ways of thinking continue to spread, especially among … Continue reading
“The big powers, Russia and the U.S., talked spheres of influence in Jerusalem, with Benjamin Netanyahu as the broker”
BLOOMBERG Jared Kushner’s Bahrain Conference Is the Sideshow by Zev Chafets June 26, 2019 …While the Bahrain show plays out, the real Deal of the Century is being discussed in Jerusalem, by the national security advisers of the U.S., Russia … Continue reading
US national security adviser to meet with Netanyahu, discuss Iran with Russian and Israeli counterparts
TIMES OF ISRAEL Bolton lands in Israel ahead of unprecedented security summit by Staff June 22, 2019 US National Security Adviser John Bolton landed in Israel on Saturday ahead of an unprecedented trilateral meeting in Jerusalem of top security officials … Continue reading