Most Clicked This Week
- Gérard Araud, former ambassador to Israel, dismissive of Trump plan, calls West Bank “an apartheid state”
- #BDSFail Israel gives Omar Shakir until May 1 to leave, noting "the appellant continues to call publicly for a boycott of Israel, or parts of it, while at the same time asking [Israel] to open its doors to him"
- As Notre Dame burns...."church doors across Europe smeared with Islamic expressions like 'Allahu Akbar'"
- Israel’s election: “The two Jewish parties that dared to talk openly about peace with the Palestinians captured just 10 seats in the 120-seat parliament”
- Arson fire set at Torat Chaim yeshiva in eastern Moscow as 60 people gather there for Passover Seder
- Beresheet human error "led to the failure of the nearly $100 million lunar mission"
- US publishes first map showing Golan as Israeli territory
- UNC and Duke jointly sponsor Jew hatefest underwritten with federal funds
Category Archives: Israel & Middle East
The term “#Nakba” was first referenced in George Antonius’s influential 1938 book “The Arab Awakening” and had nothing to do with Israel; it referred to the “post-WWI creation of the modern Middle East”
BESA CENTER The False “Nakba” Narrative by Col (Res.) Dr. Raphael G. Bouchnik-Chen April 16, 2019 The term “Nakba,” originally coined to describe the magnitude of the self-inflicted Palestinian and Arab defeat in the 1948 war, has become in recent … Continue reading
“Daniel Pearl’s father, Prof. Judea Pearl, said, “I welcome any steps toward exposing and bringing to justice those horrendous murderers””
THE MEDIA LINE Pakistan arrests ‘last terrorist at large’ in Daniel Pearl killing by Arshad Mehmood and Felice Friedson April 21, 2019 Counterterrorism officials in Islamabad have confirmed that the remaining terrorist sought in the 2002 murder of American journalist … Continue reading
Israel’s election: “The two Jewish parties that dared to talk openly about peace with the Palestinians captured just 10 seats in the 120-seat parliament”
ASSOCIATED PRESS Israeli election may have dimmed hopes for 2-state solution by Josef Federman April 21, 2019 Is the two-state solution for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict dead? After Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu coasted to another victory in this month’s Israeli election, … Continue reading
GEEK WIRE Beresheet bummer: Investigation of Israeli lunar lander’s crash points to human factor by Alan Boyle April 17, 2019 A manually entered command apparently set off a chain reaction of events that led to last week’s crash of an … Continue reading
Gérard Araud, former ambassador to Israel, dismissive of Trump plan, calls West Bank “an apartheid state”
TIMES OF ISRAEL French envoy to US: Trump plan ‘very close to what Israel wants, 99% doomed’ by Staff April 20, 2019 France’s outgoing ambassador to the US, Gérard Araud, said US President Donald Trump is uniquely able to “push” … Continue reading
ROLL CALL ‘Anti-semitic rhetoric’ at Duke-UNC event prompts Rep. Holding to ask for federal probe by Griffin Connolly April 16, 2019 Rep. George Holding has asked the Department of Education to investigate whether a joint conference on Middle East studies … Continue reading
BLOOMBERG Israel’s Election Didn’t Kill Hope for Peace. It Was Already Dead. by Daniel Gordis April 17, 2019 …What Israelis had to decide was whether they wanted the security and prosperity that Netanyahu has delivered at the cost of corruption … Continue reading