Most Clicked This Week
- Medtronic CEO Yaron Yitzhari: 'The financial impact isn't what counts - the main thing is to save lives'
- Netflix series #Unorthodox doesn't "accurately capture the soul of the Hasidic community"
- "About 12% of Israel’s population are Haredim, often referred to as “ultra-orthodox,” an expression which they strongly dislike"
- "The rise of anti-Semitism in the U.S. exposes the distressing fact that the American Jewish community lacks both a unified leadership and a singular voice with which it can respond appropriately"
- "In what Freud might have analyzed as a classic case of the narcissistic wound run amok, the Never Netanyahus fell victim to a kind of collective insanity rooted in their own sense of virtuous entitlement"
- "Despite his very critical condition, Neumann’s family was holding out hope that he would emerge from his coma"
- Israeli mothers try to shake an indifferent world; EMET Campaign to lobby White House on kidnapping
- "The sheer amount of interaction that religious Jews have with their communities made Orthodox Jewish communities Ground Zero for the coronavirus"
Tag Archives: Holocaust
Holocaust revenge fantasies like “Inglorious Bastards” and “Hunters” are “bad-faith gestures, assuring an audience that we can ditch our collective trauma by lying to ourselves”
NEW YORK JEWISH WEEK Hunters’ Plays Unacceptable Games with the Truth by Andrew Silow-Carroll March 3, 2020 ‘Hunters” lost me at the chess scene. If you’ve been watching the Amazon mini-series about a team of Nazi hunters led by Al … Continue reading
“Pope Pius XII, who led the Catholic Church from 1939 to 1958, has long been criticized for his public silence during the Holocaust”
WASHINGTON POST Pope Pius XII was silent during the Holocaust. Now Vatican records may reveal whether he collaborated with the Nazis. by Gillian Brockell March 3, 2020 It was a Saturday — Shabbat — in October 1943. The Nazis had … Continue reading
Set in New York in 1977, “Hunters” follows a band of Nazi hunters who find out hundreds of Nazi officials living in the US are plotting to establish a “Fourth Reich”
NEW YORK POST Auschwitz Memorial slams Amazon’s ‘Hunters’ over ‘human chess’ scene by Noah Manskar February 24, 2020 A memorial to one of the most infamous Nazi death camps slammed an Amazon TV series this week for depicting a made-up … Continue reading
Jewish director Waititi plays Jojo’s imaginary friend Adolf Hitler in the film (written by a supermodel)
TIMES OF ISRAEL Jojo Rabbit director says critics wouldn’t be as harsh if they knew he’s Jewish by Staff February 12, 2020 “Jojo Rabbit” director Taika Waititi said that there would have been much less of a backlash against his … Continue reading
TABLET MAG Franklin Roosevelt Betrayed Europe’s Jews by Sol Stern January 30, 2020 …David Wyman’s massive 1984 study, The Abandonment of The Jews: America and The Holocaust, 1941-1945, demolished virtually every argument used by the Roosevelt biographers to exonerate the president. It … Continue reading
“Asked to identify what Auschwitz is, 41 percent of respondents and 66 percent of millennials could not come up with a correct response identifying it as a concentration camp or extermination camp”
ALGEMEINER ‘I Wish I Could Say We Germans Have Understood the Holocaust,’ President Steinmeier Confesses in 75th Anniversary Commemoration Address by Staff January 29, 2020 Germany’s president confessed in a major speech on Wednesday that he was unconvinced his country … Continue reading
JNS US House passes Never Again Education Act on International Holocaust Remembrance Day by Jackson Richman January 27, 2020 On International Holocaust Remembrance Day, which commemorates the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau, the U.S. House of Representatives overwhelmingly … Continue reading