Most Clicked This Week
- "Manfred Gerstenfeld was a Jewish renaissance man and a prodigious writer who leaves a rich legacy in many different realms. Born in Vienna in 1937, he and his family were forced to flee, and survived the Holocaust by hiding in a small apartment in Amsterdam"
- A haunting question threatened the psyches of many Black Americans after the civil rights era: What do I do with my life when the “deliverance quest” for which I was searching finally has been delivered by the republic of the United States?
- “The Iranians didn’t realize that Biden is not Obama, and that in the end they will miscalculate and get hit”
- "Gantz says there is ‘likelihood’ Tehran behind explosion in Gulf"
- “Next month, Israelis will go to the polls to elect a new 120-seat Knesset. It will be Israel's fourth general election in just under two year”
- “Tel Aviv University archaeologists Miki Ben-Dor and Ran Barkai proffer novel hypothesis, showing how the greed of Homo erectus set us careening down an anomalous evolutionary path”
- "US President Joe Biden speaks to Saudi King Salman ahead of the release of the declassified US intelligence report on the killing and dismemberment of the US-based journalist"
- Inconvenient Truths about Race and Slavery; Not to deny African-American history, but to contextualize
Tag Archives: Holocaust
“Contrary to Stanisław Żaryn’s excuses, no reputable historian believes that ‘the Polish nation’ was responsible for Nazi German crimes in Poland. Which is why the Polish government should leave the writing of history to historians”
TABLET MAG The Polish Government’s Holocaust ‘Truth Campaign’ Is a Weird Mix of Authoritarianism, Ignorance, and Injured Pride by Havi Dreifuss February 25, 2021 …[Poland’s] new law deputized the Institute of National Remembrance (IPN)—a central institution with state-sponsored prosecution powers—to … Continue reading
“A Holocaust survivor tells a fellow shopper she only eats that jam because company’s owners saved her family from the Nazis, but secretive French family isn’t commenting”
FORWARD Is Bonne Maman the anti-Nazi jam? The internet wants to think so by Gabe Friedman and Philissa Cramer February 18, 2021 The heartwarming story has been hard to miss: A law professor is shopping at his local grocery store … Continue reading
#Holocaust remembrance: “Participants from the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Morocco and Saudi Arabia joined viewers from North America, Europe and Israel in more personal kind of diplomacy”
JNS In a first, Arab-initiated event commemorates the Holocaust in wake of Abraham Accords by Eliana Rudee January 27, 2021 In the wake of the Abraham Accords and in honor of International Holocaust Memorial Day on Jan. 27, individuals from … Continue reading
Boca Raton school board “received thousands of comments from Holocaust survivors all over the world”
SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL Principal fired for second time over Holocaust remarks by Scott Travis November 2, 2020 A principal’s reluctance to say the Holocaust was real — leading to a two-year saga that inflamed his Jewish community and people … Continue reading
AISH Former Muslim Terrorist and Holocaust Survivor Confront Prejudice by Ronda Robinson October 25, 2020 The two men stretch out their left forearms – one white, one brown, both bearing the number A10491. The former belongs to Irving Roth, 91, … Continue reading
Borat steps in it again: “Holocaust survivor Evans, who passed away this summer, was “horrified and upset” upon learning that the film was a satirical comedy”
JTA Holocaust survivor’s daughter wants her late mother’s interview out of ‘Borat’ sequel by Cnaan Lipshiz October 16, 2020 The daughter of a late Holocaust survivor is suing to have her mother’s appearance in Sacha Baron Cohen’s upcoming “Borat” sequel … Continue reading
“But then something happened: the man who had harbored an “intense hatred” for Jews for more than two decades was granted the opportunity to visit Israel”
FAITH WIRE Ex-Radical Muslim Decries Dangers of Anti-Semitism by Tré Goins-Phillips October 9, 2020 Many years ago, Kasim Hafeez was an entirely different person — a man he’d hardly recognize today, as a born-again Christian. “I was the anti-Semite,” Hafeez … Continue reading
Ukrainian community “waged a six-year legal battle with the property owner to search the cellars for Jewish victims”
STL JEWISH LIGHT Remains of 286 Jewish Holocaust victims uncovered in 2 basements in Ukraine by Marcy Oster July 27, 2020 The remains of 286 Jews who were murdered during the Holocaust were found in two basements in a town … Continue reading
Pope Pius XII: His failure to denounce the Holocaust publicly earned him the title of “Hitler’s pope”
I24NEWS Pope Pius XII knew about massacres of Jews during WWII, newly opened Vatican archive reveals May 1, 2020 German researchers investigating the recently opened Vatican archives of war-time Pope Pius XII reveal that he was aware of mass killings … Continue reading