Most Clicked This Week
- Gérard Araud, former ambassador to Israel, dismissive of Trump plan, calls West Bank “an apartheid state”
- #BDSFail Israel gives Omar Shakir until May 1 to leave, noting "the appellant continues to call publicly for a boycott of Israel, or parts of it, while at the same time asking [Israel] to open its doors to him"
- As Notre Dame burns...."church doors across Europe smeared with Islamic expressions like 'Allahu Akbar'"
- Israel’s election: “The two Jewish parties that dared to talk openly about peace with the Palestinians captured just 10 seats in the 120-seat parliament”
- Arson fire set at Torat Chaim yeshiva in eastern Moscow as 60 people gather there for Passover Seder
- Beresheet human error "led to the failure of the nearly $100 million lunar mission"
- US publishes first map showing Golan as Israeli territory
- UNC and Duke jointly sponsor Jew hatefest underwritten with federal funds
Tag Archives: IDF
JERUSALEM POST U.S. Navy may stop docking in Haifa after Chinese take over port by Michael Wilner December 15, 2018 The US Navy has acknowledged that its longstanding operations in Haifa may change once a Chinese firm takes over the … Continue reading
“Nachal Haredi, an army unit made up entirely of former yeshiva students, is growing and is a highly trained and successful combat unit”
MOMENT What Will It Take to Get the Haredim to Enlist? by Naomi Ragen November/December 2018 …Ever since the nascent State of Israel agreed in 1948 in return for Orthodox support not to draft 400 yeshiva students—a number that by … Continue reading
JERUSALEM POST Hamas is searching for members of elite IDF unit in Gaza by Khaled Abu Toameh November 24, 2018 Hamas said over the weekend that it was continuing its investigation into the November 11 clash with an elite IDF unit near … Continue reading
NEW YORK TIMES Falling for Hamas’s Split-Screen Fallacy by Matti Friedman May 16, 2018 …Most Western viewers experienced these events through a visual storytelling tool: a split screen [the Embassy opening and the Gaza riots]…The attempts to breach the Gaza … Continue reading
“While Israel is hardly perfect, its response to the Great Return March is necessary and prudent” [VIDEOS]
NATIONAL REVIEW Israel Has the Right and Obligation to Defend Its Border with Deadly Force: Would you let people who want to kill you into your home? by David French May 15, 2018 One of the enduring mysteries of modern political … Continue reading
“IDF warns Syrian military not to interfere as it pummels Iranian targets in largest direct exchange between Jerusalem, Tehran”
TIMES OF ISRAEL After Iranian barrage, Israel launches massive counterattack in Syria by Judah Ari Gross May 10, 2018 Some 20 rockets were fired at Israeli military bases by Iranian forces from southern Syria just after midnight on Thursday, sparking … Continue reading
“The secretive and sensitive Unit 9900, which specializes in visual intelligence, has received some 100 autistic volunteer soldiers so far” [VIDEO]
JNS.ORG The IDF’s Unit 9900: ‘Seeing’ their service come to fruition by Yaakov Lappin May 4, 2018 A program designed to integrate young people on the autistic spectrum into the military—in fields where they have a relative advantage—is proving to … Continue reading