Most Clicked This Week
- Matti Friedman: "When consuming news from Israel, there’s a list of questions I ask when deciding if I’m getting sane information or a narrative of a different kind."
- "Not naming the distinctly left-wing roots of this hatred suggests that those doing the condemning do not want to alienate supposed allies"
- Tarantino: "If I’m going to be in another country, the country that handled COVID the best is probably the best country to be in”
- "Moving Israel to the Pentagon’s Middle East command could lead to progress on the Abraham Accords, experts say"
- Khaled Salem, a pro-Israel Arab Democrat in primary to unseat Chuck Schumer
- “The Jewish community leadership has become so wedded to the new “progressive” ideology that it forbids community discussions, inquiries or challenges to it”
- "Only time will tell whether Israel has been successful in buying for itself some time before it needs to “mow the grass” in Gaza again"
- "In 2017, the Chicago Dyke March threw out participants for carrying flags emblazoned with the Star of David"
Tag Archives: UAE
Biden administration turns its back on peace between Israel and Arab states in order to pursue deal with Iran
TABLET MAG Biden Torpedoes Abraham Accords Summit by Lee Smith March 21, 2021 Media reports on March 18 revealed that the United Arab Emirates has suspended its plans for an Abraham Accords summit in Abu Dhabi with Israel, the United … Continue reading
“In the Middle East, where sport and diplomacy are closely intertwined, political passions can spill over onto the playing field”
ASSOCIATED PRESS Israel and UAE rugby teams face off in 1st after new ties by Isabel Debre March 19, 2021 … With the Palestinian cause the core issue uniting Arabs across the region for decades, Israeli players meeting Arab opponents … Continue reading
Abu Dhabi to put money into Israel’s strategic sectors including energy manufacturing, water, space, healthcare and agri-tech
TIMES OF ISRAEL UAE announces $10 billion fund for investments in Israel by AFP March 12, 2021 The United Arab Emirates on Thursday announced it was setting up a $10 billion investment fund aimed at strategic sectors in Israel, with … Continue reading
REUTERS UAE halts funding to UN Palestinian agency in ‘reset’ of aid programme February 8, 2021 The United Arab Emirates does not plan to resume funding to the United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees, which was halted last year, until … Continue reading
“Even if a peace agreement is not officially announced, relations between Israel and Saudi Arabia are at their peak, especially given the Iranian threat and concerns over other radical Islamic elements in the region”
JNS The Saudi dilemma by Shahar Klaiman December 20, 2020 The peace deal with Morocco is the fourth accord between Israel and an Arab state to sideline the Palestinian issue. While the leaders of Abu Dhabi, Manama and Khartoum had … Continue reading
“The UAE has been embracing a unique kind of tolerance that has translated into actions – not just the kind of talk of “diversity” one gets in the US or Europe, where Jews have to go to synagogue surrounded by security and armed guards”
MIDDLE EAST FORUM The UAE’s Full-throttled Embrace of Religious Tolerance by Seth Frantzman December 12, 2020 The extraordinary scenes in Dubai that included Hanukkah celebrations are part of a historic and unprecedented process of embracing tolerance, coexistence and peace by … Continue reading
Jews observed the holiday of Hanukkah in public for the first time in Dubai UAE on Thursday; Chabad reports an “exploding” number of Israelis in Dubai
BREITBART NEWS Hanukkah Celebrated in Public in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, for the First Time, After Trump Peace Deal by Joel Pollak December 11, 2020 A lavish Hanukkah party was thrown at the foot of the Burj Khalifa, the world’s … Continue reading
JERUSALEM POST Unprecedented Israeli turnout for Dubai’s GITEX hi-tech confab by Seth J. Frantzman December 10, 2020 The sea of Israelis in Dubai this week was hard to miss. At Dubai International Airport, the men assigned to help guide people … Continue reading
“The resulting ties appear to present the incoming U.S. administration with a robust new hub in the Middle East that links Israel, the UAE and Bahrain”
MIDDLE EAST FORUM Israel and the Arab Gulf States, a New Strategic Corridor of Power by Seth Frantzman December 4, 2020 November became a turning point for Israel’s new ties with Gulf states…It’s difficult to keep track of all the … Continue reading
“Iran’s State News Agency Claims Top Nuclear Scientist Assassinated by Remote-Controlled Killer Robot”
TIMES OF ISRAEL Jerusalem fears attacks on Israelis visiting UAE following Iran hit by Staff and Judah Ari Gross November 29, 2020 Israeli security officials are concerned Iran could attack Israeli tourists visiting the United Arab Emirates in retaliation for … Continue reading