Most Clicked This Week
- Happy Passover. A musical greeting from the Israel Philharmonic
- Israeli company’s antiviral masks are headed to Hong Kong to combat deadly coronavirus
- Julius Streicher would be proud: New York Times channels Der Stürmer with antisemitic Netanyahu cartoon
- The holiday diving resort in Sudan was a cover for "an extraordinary humanitarian mission rescuing thousands of beleaguered Ethiopian Jews stranded in refugee camps" [VIDEO]
- So how did Yasiel Puig, Cleveland Indians outfielder and a Cuba native, get involved with a Jewish organization?
- Medtronic CEO Yaron Yitzhari: 'The financial impact isn't what counts - the main thing is to save lives'
- "A bestselling and controversial book when first published in Lithuania, “Our People” has undermined many convenient truths that Lithuanians have told themselves about their nationalistic heroes"
- "Hebrew-language media reported that the virus patient was a man in his 30s from the ultra-Orthodox settlement of Beitar Illit, near Jerusalem"
Tag Archives: coronavirus
“Hebrew-language media reported that the virus patient was a man in his 30s from the ultra-Orthodox settlement of Beitar Illit, near Jerusalem”
TIMES OF ISRAEL Virus carrier nabbed on bus to J’lem, accused of deliberately endangering public by Staff April 5, 2020 A coronavirus carrier was arrested Sunday on a bus on its way to Jerusalem, on suspicion of deliberately spreading the … Continue reading
Israel took a different approach to the coronavirus from the start because it’s a very different kind of society. Unlike the pampered West, Israel permanently lives in a state of potential emergency and existential threat.
JNS For Israel, recognizing another enemy is second nature by Melanie Phillips April 2, 2020 Among the world’s democracies fighting the coronavirus, Israel has so far been by far the most successful. With a population of about 8.6 million, it … Continue reading
Zoom Seders: “In bold ruling, some Israeli religious authorities say use of technology permissible because it allows families to celebrate together during time of crisis”
TIMES OF ISRAEL 14 Sephardic Orthodox rabbis say Passover Seder can be held via videoconference by Nathan Jeffay March 25, 2020 In what may be one of the boldest rulings issued on technology in recent years, several Sephardic Orthodox rabbis … Continue reading
To be clear, the rockets from Gaza are an effort—even amid their own health crisis—“to destroy Israel and replace it with an Islamic state”
GATESTONE Palestinians: Despite Coronavirus, Jihad Against Israel Continues by Khaled Abu Toameh March 31, 2020 As the world is busy pursuing the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, the Iranian-backed Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) groups in the Gaza Strip … Continue reading
“Coronavirus exposed a truth that global village fans have spent the past generation denying: Borders are important”
ISRAEL HAYOM (by agreement with JNS) Israel and the demise of the global village by Caroline B. Glick March 27, 2020 In the face of the steeply rising number of coronavirus patients and the breakneck speed of political changes in Israel, few people … Continue reading
“This bunker is another tool for managing, controlling, oversight and tracking” the coronavirus, said an Israeli official who requested anonymity”
REUTERS Israeli leaders open up nuclear bunker in war on coronavirus March 26, 2020 The Israeli government has opened up a war bunker in the Jerusalem hills to help coordinate its campaign against the spread of the coronavirus, Israeli officials … Continue reading
Brooklyn: “At funerals, people no longer shoveling dirt on their loved one’s casket—no one, including the gravediggers, were allowed to touch the shovels”
TABLET MAG America’s Largest Population of Holocaust Survivors Is Endangered by the Coronavirus as Crown Heights and Borough Park Shut Down by Armin Rosen March 24, 2020 …Closing a synagogue is no small matter—even in the darkest moments of World … Continue reading