Most Clicked This Week
- Medtronic CEO Yaron Yitzhari: 'The financial impact isn't what counts - the main thing is to save lives'
- Netflix series #Unorthodox doesn't "accurately capture the soul of the Hasidic community"
- "About 12% of Israel’s population are Haredim, often referred to as “ultra-orthodox,” an expression which they strongly dislike"
- "The rise of anti-Semitism in the U.S. exposes the distressing fact that the American Jewish community lacks both a unified leadership and a singular voice with which it can respond appropriately"
- "In what Freud might have analyzed as a classic case of the narcissistic wound run amok, the Never Netanyahus fell victim to a kind of collective insanity rooted in their own sense of virtuous entitlement"
- "Despite his very critical condition, Neumann’s family was holding out hope that he would emerge from his coma"
- Israeli mothers try to shake an indifferent world; EMET Campaign to lobby White House on kidnapping
- "The sheer amount of interaction that religious Jews have with their communities made Orthodox Jewish communities Ground Zero for the coronavirus"
Tag Archives: antisemitism
“The rise of anti-Semitism in the U.S. exposes the distressing fact that the American Jewish community lacks both a unified leadership and a singular voice with which it can respond appropriately”
MIRYAM INSTITUTE Awaiting ancient hatreds, anticipating new normals by Rozita Pnini March 29, 2020 Like a mutating virus, anti-Semitism continues to raise its ugly head in the United States. This virulent form of prejudice has infected the world for many … Continue reading
“Today, at least I can feel satisfied that my attacker will be held responsible for her actions and I hope that my experience may help bring this type of hatred to light”
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TIMES Hate Crime: Woman Charged For Taking Racist Jibes At Israeli Student On New York Subway by Shreyashi Chakraborty March 5, 2020 A black woman from New Jersey accused of subjecting an Israeli college student to an anti-Semitic … Continue reading
“The real cause of the descent into anti-Zionism and hatred of Jews is secular liberalism, and the cultural fissure that has opened up along fault lines going back to the 18th-century Enlightenment”
JNS From Aalst to America: The post-modern, anti-Jewish reconfiguration of the West by Melanie Phillips February 27, 2020 …While anti-Jewish attacks are coming from the far-right, the left and the Muslim community, the greatest threat comes from the progressive side … Continue reading
On our campuses: CUNY pro-Israel Jewish student terrorized before fleeing law school: she’s told to “shut the f*ck up”
ALGEMEINER Jewish Student Says She Left City University of New York Law School After Being Targeted by Antisemitic Harassment for Supporting Israel by Benjamin Kerstein February 27, 2020 A Jewish former law student at City University of New York told … Continue reading
“Europe today is post-God, post-nationalism, post-family and post-Holocaust—and is therefore understandably at odds with the very concept of Israel”
JNS Why young Europeans can’t understand Israeli settlers by Yishai Fleisher February 13, 2020 …In my experience, this incomprehension of Jewish yearning for the land of Israel is a recurring phenomenon with young Europeans—the standard answers about Zionism simply do … Continue reading
TABLET MAG Weekend at Bernie’s by James Kirchick January 31, 2020 …The problem with Bernie Sanders isn’t Bernie Sanders. It’s the way that the 78-year-old socialist, who has already suffered one heart attack on the campaign trail, is being used … Continue reading
“In a groundbreaking New York Times op-ed, two prominent Reform rabbis describe the workings of a movement to demonize Israel now widely found in high school curricula across the nation”
AMERICANS FOR PEACE AND TOLERANCE Newton’s anti-Jewish curriculum scandal makes it to the pages of The New York Times January 16, 2020 …They identified the anti-Israel high school curriculum at Newton Public Schools as part of “a much bigger problem” across the … Continue reading