Most Clicked This Week
- "Manfred Gerstenfeld was a Jewish renaissance man and a prodigious writer who leaves a rich legacy in many different realms. Born in Vienna in 1937, he and his family were forced to flee, and survived the Holocaust by hiding in a small apartment in Amsterdam"
- A haunting question threatened the psyches of many Black Americans after the civil rights era: What do I do with my life when the “deliverance quest” for which I was searching finally has been delivered by the republic of the United States?
- “Next month, Israelis will go to the polls to elect a new 120-seat Knesset. It will be Israel's fourth general election in just under two year”
- “The Iranians didn’t realize that Biden is not Obama, and that in the end they will miscalculate and get hit”
- "US President Joe Biden speaks to Saudi King Salman ahead of the release of the declassified US intelligence report on the killing and dismemberment of the US-based journalist"
- "Gantz says there is ‘likelihood’ Tehran behind explosion in Gulf"
- “Tel Aviv University archaeologists Miki Ben-Dor and Ran Barkai proffer novel hypothesis, showing how the greed of Homo erectus set us careening down an anomalous evolutionary path”
- "Ala Dakka, who plays Palestinian boxer Bashar in the hit show’s third season, grew up between Israel’s Jewish and Arab worlds"
Tag Archives: Germany
Commander of the Israeli Air Force, Maj. Gen. Amikam Norkin, said the joint flyby over Dachau symbolized the promise for a future
CBN NEWS ‘Never Again’: Israeli Jets Enter German Airspace for First Time With Flyover of Dachau Camp August 19, 2020 Israeli and German air force jets flew side-by-side over the former Dachau concentration camp on Tuesday as a tribute to … Continue reading
“Jewish allegiance to Germany in the early days of the Third Reich is one of the great unrequited love stories of history”
TABLET MAG The Jews Who Fought for Nazi Germany by Ellen Feldman August 4, 2020 What was the safest place for a Jew in Hitler’s Germany? A cellar or an attic? A forest? At home with a well-connected Aryan spouse? … Continue reading
“Netanyahu said determined to move ahead with annexing parts of West Bank and is working on high-resolution maps, despite threat of EU sanctions, ambivalence from US”
TIMES OF ISRAEL German FM to make urgent visit to Israel to warn against annexation by Staff June 5, 2020 German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas is reportedly set to come to Israel on Wednesday for an urgent visit to warn … Continue reading
German army to welcome rabbis into its chaplaincy this year to provide spiritual support to Jewish soldiers as anti-Semitism surges in the country
NEW YORK TIMES Rabbis to Return to German Military Amid Growing Anti-Semitism by Melissa Eddy May 30, 2020 Germany will allow rabbis to return to the chaplaincy of its military for the first time since they were kicked out under … Continue reading
“Europe today is post-God, post-nationalism, post-family and post-Holocaust—and is therefore understandably at odds with the very concept of Israel”
JNS Why young Europeans can’t understand Israeli settlers by Yishai Fleisher February 13, 2020 …In my experience, this incomprehension of Jewish yearning for the land of Israel is a recurring phenomenon with young Europeans—the standard answers about Zionism simply do … Continue reading
“Asked to identify what Auschwitz is, 41 percent of respondents and 66 percent of millennials could not come up with a correct response identifying it as a concentration camp or extermination camp”
ALGEMEINER ‘I Wish I Could Say We Germans Have Understood the Holocaust,’ President Steinmeier Confesses in 75th Anniversary Commemoration Address by Staff January 29, 2020 Germany’s president confessed in a major speech on Wednesday that he was unconvinced his country … Continue reading
World Jewish Congress decision to honor German Chancellor Merkel with prestigious Theodor Herzl Award for Zionism “has sparked anger and bewilderment among Jewish leaders in US and Europe”
GATESTONE Does Angela Merkel Deserve a Prize for Zionism? by Soeren Kern October 19, 2019 …Critics say that Merkel, because her domestic and foreign policies have in recent years made the world less safe for Jews, is uniquely undeserving of … Continue reading
WALL STREET JOURNAL Two Killed in Germany Shooting After Failed Attack on Synagogue by Petra Sorge, Sara Germano and Bertrand Benoit Oct. 9, 2019 Police said a woman had been shot dead on the street near the synagogue, as had … Continue reading
JERUSALEM POST Merkel’s government days Iran’s call to ‘wipe Israel off the map’ not antisemitic by Benjamin Weinthal October 6, 2019 German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government has declared that Iran’s call to obliterate the State of Israel is not an … Continue reading
“Palestinian wanted to behead refugee because he “insulted his religious feelings,” also planned campaign of bloody revenge on Germans and Christians”
JERUSALEM POST Palestinian Islamist convicted of attempted murder of German officials by Benjamin Weinthal September 29. 2019 A German court in the southern city of Augsburg on Wednesday sentenced a radical Islamist Palestinian asylum seeker to a 10 year prison … Continue reading