Most Clicked This Week
- Push to defund police created what some have called the “Minneapolis Effect”
- On Tuesday, the seventh day of the Hebrew month of Cheshvan, Israel celebrated Aliyah Day
- "The Islamic Republic is advancing both the enrichment and weaponization tracks needed to build a bomb"
- "BDS has made life worse for Palestinian Arabs, the very people they falsely claim to help"
- "Many of us liberal Jews are not awake to the hatred of our colleagues, students, professors, and thought leaders"
- "Traditionalists chafe at the contemporary-art approach to Holocaust commemoration being employed at Babyn Yar, a site of mass shootings in World War II. But it has brought visitors for an anniversary"
- “The AP's report on the discovery of a First Temple era toilet omits Jewish references, while a NY Times Rosh Hashanah recipe evokes 'Canaanites,' not Israelites”
- Gilad Erdan blasts co-founders of ice cream maker over Axios interview. "Demanding from Israel what is demanded from no other country is the definition of antisemitism"
Tag Archives: Germany
How a group of Jewish physicists helped the United States beat Nazi Germany in the race for nuclear weapons
MOSAIC The Jewish Nucleus of the Second World War’s Atomic Drama by Alex Gordon September 17, 2021 …Starting in 1943, the anti-fascist Bohr took part in the Manhattan nuclear project that led to the deaths of 120,000 people in Hiroshima … Continue reading
REUTERS German police arrest four over synagogue attack plan September 16, 2021 Police averted a possible Islamist attack on a synagogue in western Germany and arrested four people including a 16-year-old Syrian youth in connection with the threat, the regional … Continue reading
“Parties in Germany’s coalition government have agreed to ban the flag of Hamas, as a mark of respect for Jewish citizens in the wake of anti-Semitic attacks linked to last month’s Middle East violence”
POLITICO German government agrees to ban Hamas flag after anti-Semitic incidents by Helen Collis June 20, 2021 …Germany witnessed attacks on synagogues, the burning of Israeli flags and a surge anti-Semitic slurs during demonstrations over a violent 11-day conflict between … Continue reading
U.S. Army Master Sgt. Roddie Edmonds, one of five American Righteous Among the Nations, never spoke about the 200 Jews he saved
TABLET MAG ‘We Are All Jews Here’ by Patrick Henry May 27, 2021 …It was German policy to single out Jewish POWs and send them to extermination or slave labor camps. Accordingly, in January 1945, the Germans announced that all … Continue reading
TIMES OF ISRAEL ‘Showing friendship’: European ministers visit in act of solidarity with Israel by Lazar Berman May 20, 2021 The foreign ministers of Germany, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia visited Israel Thursday in a show of solidarity as fighting … Continue reading
Commander of the Israeli Air Force, Maj. Gen. Amikam Norkin, said the joint flyby over Dachau symbolized the promise for a future
CBN NEWS ‘Never Again’: Israeli Jets Enter German Airspace for First Time With Flyover of Dachau Camp August 19, 2020 Israeli and German air force jets flew side-by-side over the former Dachau concentration camp on Tuesday as a tribute to … Continue reading
“Jewish allegiance to Germany in the early days of the Third Reich is one of the great unrequited love stories of history”
TABLET MAG The Jews Who Fought for Nazi Germany by Ellen Feldman August 4, 2020 What was the safest place for a Jew in Hitler’s Germany? A cellar or an attic? A forest? At home with a well-connected Aryan spouse? … Continue reading
“Netanyahu said determined to move ahead with annexing parts of West Bank and is working on high-resolution maps, despite threat of EU sanctions, ambivalence from US”
TIMES OF ISRAEL German FM to make urgent visit to Israel to warn against annexation by Staff June 5, 2020 German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas is reportedly set to come to Israel on Wednesday for an urgent visit to warn … Continue reading
German army to welcome rabbis into its chaplaincy this year to provide spiritual support to Jewish soldiers as anti-Semitism surges in the country
NEW YORK TIMES Rabbis to Return to German Military Amid Growing Anti-Semitism by Melissa Eddy May 30, 2020 Germany will allow rabbis to return to the chaplaincy of its military for the first time since they were kicked out under … Continue reading
“Europe today is post-God, post-nationalism, post-family and post-Holocaust—and is therefore understandably at odds with the very concept of Israel”
JNS Why young Europeans can’t understand Israeli settlers by Yishai Fleisher February 13, 2020 …In my experience, this incomprehension of Jewish yearning for the land of Israel is a recurring phenomenon with young Europeans—the standard answers about Zionism simply do … Continue reading