Most Clicked This Week
- Push to defund police created what some have called the “Minneapolis Effect”
- On Tuesday, the seventh day of the Hebrew month of Cheshvan, Israel celebrated Aliyah Day
- "The Islamic Republic is advancing both the enrichment and weaponization tracks needed to build a bomb"
- "BDS has made life worse for Palestinian Arabs, the very people they falsely claim to help"
- "Many of us liberal Jews are not awake to the hatred of our colleagues, students, professors, and thought leaders"
- "Traditionalists chafe at the contemporary-art approach to Holocaust commemoration being employed at Babyn Yar, a site of mass shootings in World War II. But it has brought visitors for an anniversary"
- “The AP's report on the discovery of a First Temple era toilet omits Jewish references, while a NY Times Rosh Hashanah recipe evokes 'Canaanites,' not Israelites”
- Gilad Erdan blasts co-founders of ice cream maker over Axios interview. "Demanding from Israel what is demanded from no other country is the definition of antisemitism"
Tag Archives: Lebanon
TABLET MAG The Next Lebanon War by Matti Friedman September 9, 2021 …What’s different this summer is that some of the important changes on the Lebanese side have become easier to see. Lebanon has long been a husk of a … Continue reading
JNS As Afghanistan collapses, Israel learns the value of international ‘security guarantees’ by Amir Avivi and Or Yissachar September 12, 2021 …Further still, guarantees on paper, as diplomatically wordsmithed as they may be, were given to both the Afghani and … Continue reading
SPECTATOR What happens when your currency collapses? by Paul Wood June 23, 2021 I’m a millionaire. A million in crisp, new bills is stacked up on the table in front of me. Unfortunately, it’s Lebanese lira and cost me about … Continue reading
Lebanese social media user comments: “If you love Iran so bad, why don’t you go there and leave us the f*** alone?”
GATESTONE Lebanon Wants an End to Iranian Occupation by Khaled Abu Toameh January 15, 2021 Iran’s recent announcement that it intends to use Lebanon as a “forefront” for waging war on Israel has enraged many Lebanese, who say that the time … Continue reading
“Shurat Hadin Israeli Law Center warns leading international airlines and insurance companies that continued services to the Rafic Hariri International Airport in Beirut could potentially implicate them in aiding terrorist activity”
ISRAEL HAYOM (by agreement with JNS) Israeli watchdog sets sites on undermining Hezbollah’s grip on Beirut airport by Eldad Beck November 10, 2020 Several major international airlines could face legal action for flying into Lebanon’s international airport, which is notoriously … Continue reading
WELT reported that Iran-backed Hezbollah had received large deliveries of ammonium nitrate from the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Quds Force – a US-designated terror organization
AL ARABIYA Hezbollah shipped explosive chemicals to Lebanon prior to Beirut blast August 20, 2020 Iran’s elite Quds Force shipped ammonium nitrate to Hezbollah in Beirut around the same time a Moldovan-flagged tanker arrived carrying 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate … Continue reading
The stockpile of weapons-grade ammonium nitrate and the collateral damage it caused to the Beirut port may well have been earmarked for Israel
JNS Israel’s August 4 miracle by Alex Traiman August 9, 2020 Many of Israel’s modern military accomplishments have defied all odds and logic. Surprise victories in Israel’s War of Independence in 1948, Six-Day War in 1967 and Yom Kippur War … Continue reading
Beirut protesters reportedly hanged Hezbollah leader Nasrallah and President of Lebanon Aoun in effigy
JERUSALEM POST Lebanon protesters storm ministry buildings over Beirut blast by Reuters August 8, 2020 Lebanese protesters stormed government ministries in Beirut and trashed the offices of the Association of Lebanese Banks on Saturday as shots rang out in increasingly … Continue reading
Likely cause of Lebanon explosion: “Explosive fertilizer confiscated after seizure of vessel reportedly owned by Cyprus-based Russian businessman”
I24NEWS Ammonium nitrate behind Beirut blast seized in 2014, never properly disposed of by Reuters August 5, 2020 The ammonium nitrate load that blew up the port of Beirut, resulting in a powerful blast that ripped through the city Tuesday, … Continue reading