Most Clicked This Week
- Biden administration needs to send a consistent message to the Iranian regime about its misbehavior
- How far will Biden go to please the Left?
- CAMERA had it right: PBS' Judy Woodruff Fails to Correct Ben Rhodes on 'Thousands of New Settlements'
- Bret Stephens to President Biden: The US can achieve a lot “when it abandons decades of conventional wisdom regarding the nature of the Middle East’s problems and the solutions to them”
- "Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely tells Hillel President Eric Fingerhut that Monday's surprise cancellation of her speech was 'unacceptable'" [VIDEO]
- Bus driver says 200 rioters ‘tried to lynch me’; blazing vehicle burns through power cables; mayor blames police for violence, is also attacked by crowd
- Pro-Trump supporters discover that hate does in fact have a home here in Highland Park: "The hate, the foul language, the physical abuse of senior citizens was inexcusable."
- "Earlier this month, the organization B’Tselem issued an eight-page paper that declares the Jewish state guilty of apartheid. It’s absurd"
Tag Archives: J.B. Pritzker
Illinois’s controversial, sweeping criminal justice reform bill more than 700 pages in length — eliminating cash bail was just one piece — flew through the House and Senate during a lame duck session”
CHICAGO TRIBUNE Policing and outrage at a rushed criminal justice reform bill Editorial Board January 15, 2021 …The Senate voted on the bill in the middle of the night, and House Democrats cut off questions from Republicans minutes before a … Continue reading
INVESTIGATIVE PROJECT ON TERRORISM Illinois Democrats Line Up to Help CAIR Fundraise by Steven Emerson January 4, 2021 In yet another example of political expediency overcoming better judgment, Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker, U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot … Continue reading
NATIONAL REVIEW A Progressive Tax Will Doom Illinois Small Businesses By John Tillman October 19, 2020 …While all taxpayers are at risk once Illinois state lawmakers can divide taxpayers without facing pushback from constituents, the insidious part is the progressive … Continue reading
The price of one-party rule: “Illinois politicians continue to categorically reject new laws that structurally change how this state works. Gov. J.B. Pritzker refuses to even consider an amendment to the pension protection clause”
WIREPOINTS 250 new laws will greet Illinoisans January 1, but none slow the state’s steep decline by Ted Dabrowski December 26, 2019 Do a quick scan of the 255 new laws taking effect in Illinois on January 1 and it … Continue reading
Meanwhile in Illinois: “As the value of their homes decline, and as property taxes keep increasing, devouring the equity in their homes, serfs (i.e. Illinois taxpayers) pay and pay for these public worker contracts”
CHICAGO TRIBUNE The Chicago teachers strike and property taxpayers and the road to serfdom by John Kass October 18, 2019 …And just who are the serfs in Illinois? The property taxpayers, who are the serfs of the new Democratic machine. … Continue reading
CHICAGO TRIBUNE After Gov. Pritzker, Boss Madigan budget, let’s change state slogan: Illinois-Shut Up and Take It. by John Kass June 7, 2019 …Illinois’ new state slogan should be: Just shut up and take it…Especially now that Gov. Big Boy … Continue reading
“Illinois’ business tax climate would rank ahead of only California and New Jersey under a progressive tax. Hurt small businesses, and you hurt the jobs market”
ILLINOIS POLICY Pritzker ‘fair tax’ would drop Illinois business climate to 48th in nation by Joe Barnas March 12, 2019 Under Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s progressive tax proposal, Illinois’ business tax climate ranking would plummet to 48th in the nation, beating out … Continue reading
“Moody’s warned Illinois’ Democratic governor’s that his plan to more than double income taxes on the rich could create a bigger state deficit if they leave”
AMERICAN THINKER Moody’s Warns Illinois Raising Taxes Causes Rich to Leave by Chriss Street February 8, 2019 …Democrat J.B. Pritzker successfully ran for governor of Illinois on a campaign that it was “Not Impossible” for a state with a $7,871,602,484.87 payment backlog … Continue reading
“If elected #Illinois governor in November, #JBPritzker will wear his sash and carry silver trays of sliced apples to Boss Madigan and wait to be told when to propose his whopping tax increase”
CHICAGO TRIBUNE Come back to Rauner? Or let ‘Toilets’ Pritzker wear a sash while Boss Madigan rules Illinois? by John Kass October 19, 2018 The November elections in Illinois aren’t about some Democratic revenge fantasy, punishing President Donald Trump for … Continue reading
#IllinoisExodus “The typical family in Illinois making just over $79,000 would pay an additional $2,500 to $3,500 in income taxes in order to finance Pritzker’s spending promises”
ILLINOIS POLICY Pritzker price tag: Candidate’s spending promises require doubling state income tax by Adam Schuster October 10, 2018 Democratic gubernatorial candidate J.B. Pritzker has promised a number of new spending programs as well as closing Illinois’ current structural deficit. … Continue reading