Most Clicked This Week
- American campuses: "The core principles and foundations that keep the United States intact, that provide our citizens with their civic personalities and national identities, are being annihilated"
- "The feud between Trump and “the squad” ensured that a DOJ summit was largely ignored and instead helped legitimize those who have spread Jew-hatred"
- "The research on Holocaust survivors and their descendants suggests that the effects of such trauma can continue into a third generation"
- Temple U prof and former CNN contributor: "Mainstream news outlets are 'Zionist organizations'"
- Son of Democrat Congressman Mel Levine: "Coming out as Republican worse than coming out gay"
- USHMM statement on Holocaust analogies addresses an employee's tweets and indirectly, AOC comments
- A special appeal to help David Coleman and his family, close friends in need
- Ocasio-Cortez emerges as a one-woman Committee to Re-Elect the President
Tag Archives: Jewish United Fund
“Since Steve Nasatir has been JUF President, more than $8bn has been raised to help people in need, to strengthen community connections, and to create Jewish experiences”
JUF NEWS Chicago pays homage to Dr. Steven B. Nasatir for almost 50 years of service by Cindy Sher May 30, 2019 …New Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot equated the good work of Nasatir and JUF with her vision for the … Continue reading
Wondering about the Israel climate on college campuses today? Join us to have your questions answered! Through interactive workshops you’ll learn about the most pressing topics facing students today including legal rights, free speech, and the intersection of social justice … Continue reading
FORWARD The Man Who Ran Chicago’s Jewish Community For Almost 40 Years Is Stepping Down by Ben Sales June 11, 2018 Steven Nasatir, the longtime CEO of Chicago’s Jewish federation, will be moving into another role next year after four … Continue reading
Jay Tcath, Executive Vice President, Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Chicago, forwarded this posting to me in response to my Times of Israel posting on how federations invest their funds: A few recent Jewish media stories have critically reported on the … Continue reading
CHICAGO TRIBUNE by Manya Brachear Pashman September 11, 2015 As the sun vanished below the horizon one recent Friday night, Rabbi Brant Rosen looked out over the standing-room-only crowd packed into the muggy basement of a Lutheran church in Lincoln … Continue reading
THE FORWARD by Tuvia Tenenbom August 25, 2015 The Jewish Community Relations Council of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago is holding a special meeting today to discuss the Chicago Jewish community’s response to the Iran deal. The Jewish … Continue reading