Most Clicked This Week
- Krauthammer was about "conserving the institutions, values and temper of a free and humane world"
- Nikki Haley: UN Human Rights Council "is 'a cesspool of political bias'; announces US departure"
- EVENT CAMERA presents Michael Doran in Highland Park
- A special appeal to help David Coleman and his family, close friends in need
- CEO of Chicago's Jewish federation, Steve Nasatir, stepping down after nearly four decades
- "#IfNotNow was particularly angered by a passage in the email proclaiming that their camps wouldn’t allow “anti-Israel, anti-Zionist or anti-Semitic” education"
- #ZOA: "We were surprised to see #ADL chief Jonathan Greenblatt now claim their collaboration with radical Islamists and Israel haters was unintentional"
- Author Michael Chabon has “a remarkable ability to present a one-dimensional reality in which the Jews are evil oppressors and the Palestinians are powerless victims”
Tag Archives: Jewish United Fund
FORWARD The Man Who Ran Chicago’s Jewish Community For Almost 40 Years Is Stepping Down by Ben Sales June 11, 2018 Steven Nasatir, the longtime CEO of Chicago’s Jewish federation, will be moving into another role next year after four … Continue reading
Jay Tcath, Executive Vice President, Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Chicago, forwarded this posting to me in response to my Times of Israel posting on how federations invest their funds: A few recent Jewish media stories have critically reported on the … Continue reading
CHICAGO TRIBUNE by Manya Brachear Pashman September 11, 2015 As the sun vanished below the horizon one recent Friday night, Rabbi Brant Rosen looked out over the standing-room-only crowd packed into the muggy basement of a Lutheran church in Lincoln … Continue reading
THE FORWARD by Tuvia Tenenbom August 25, 2015 The Jewish Community Relations Council of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago is holding a special meeting today to discuss the Chicago Jewish community’s response to the Iran deal. The Jewish … Continue reading
Below the JUF response to yesterday’s reposting of a NYT article Clintons Report Earnings of $139 Million in Seven Years, the locally relevant sentences being “She [Hillary] topped out at $400,000 for a speech to the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago. … Continue reading
JUF NEWS June 26, 2015 A group of Chicago Jewish community professionals met with counterparts at the [Chicago-based] Niagara Foundation Thursday, following that organization’s cancellation of a scheduled appearance by Roey Gilad, Consul General of Israel to the Midwest. The group, which included … Continue reading