Most Clicked This Week
- Pompeo: "No one should interpret the withdrawal of US troops from Syria as a sign that America is no longer committed to its strategy to stop Iranian aggression and efforts to obtain a nuclear capability"
- On Melbourne game show, nerdy modern Orthodox Jew has all the answers
- World Jewish Congress decision to honor German Chancellor Merkel with prestigious Theodor Herzl Award for Zionism "has sparked anger and bewilderment among Jewish leaders in US and Europe"
- EVENT StandWithUs Chicago 5th Annual Campus Champion Gala Sunday November 6
- Actor Ben Kinsgley, one of Algemeiners "Top 100 People Influencing Jewish Life," honored at gala
- "How to explain the apparent indifference of mainstream Jewish groups and politicians to the spike in hate crimes committed against Jews?"
- Caroline Glick and Nonie Darwish defend Trump's troop withdrawal from Northern Syria but many--left and right--disagree
- Attn Mayor de Blasio and JFK Airport: "Airlines refusing to fly Israelis is more than just a stupid business decision – it’s illegal"
Tag Archives: Erdogan
Erdogan’s man defeated in Istanbul mayoral election…”It won’t take long for other areas of the country to follow suit”
JNS Erdoğan’s loss is Israel’s gain by Ruthie Blum June 25, 2019 When Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan declared, during the lead-up to the country’s March 31 municipal elections, that “whoever wins Istanbul, wins Turkey,” he couldn’t have imagined that … Continue reading
“An attack on American values…hardly the first incident of violence on American soil perpetrated by those loyal to the thug in Ankara”
COMMENTARY A Thug in Washington by Noah Rothman May 17, 2017 Perhaps unaccustomed to America’s tradition of free and unfettered expression, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s bodyguards reacted like animals when confronted by protesters demonstrating near D.C.’s “embassy row” on … Continue reading
Known for his harsh repression of Turkey’s citizens, Erdogan calls Israel “racist and discriminatory”
TIMES OF ISRAEL Erdogan lashes ‘racist’ Israel, calls for Muslims to flood Temple Mount by Staff and AFP May 8, 2017 Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday urged Muslims to throng to the Temple Mount in a show of … Continue reading
Turks vote to “transfer powers traditionally held by parliament to the presidency, thereby rendering the parliament merely a ceremonial, advisory body”
GATESTONE Turks Vote to Give Away Their Democracy by Burak Bekdil April 18, 2017 In a bitter irony, nearly 55 million Turks went to the ballot box on April 16 to exercise their basic democratic right to vote. But they … Continue reading
VOX Turkey’s coup: The Gülen Movement, explained by Dylan Matthews July 16, 2016 In the chaos of the attempted coup apparently perpetrated by elements of the Turkish military on Friday, the nation’s president and incipient strongman Recep Tayyip Erdoğan pointed … Continue reading
GATESTONE Turkey and Israel: A Loveless Date by Burak Bekdil February 9, 2016 There is official evidence and credible speculation that Turkey and Israel may be on the brink of a historic handshake. Some say that it may be a … Continue reading