Most Clicked This Week
- "The year 1968 marked a turning point in Western civilization. It was a year of seismic social and political change from which it has not recovered"
- Two Muslims speak out on Rep Ilhan Omar
- Near Ramallah: IDF forces shot him dead as he opened fire at them
- "Journalist Zvi Yehezkeli feared for his life, tells The Jerusalem Post his biggest revelations on the Muslim Brotherhood were in the US"
- “While her cameras and political views initially spook Tekoa residents, in 'Unsettling,' Iris Zaki manages to get locals talking about their lives beyond the Green Line”
- Lawsuit alleges "Newton public school students are propagandized with materials that slander Israel and the Jewish people, and that falsify history to promote the Islamic religion in public schools"
- “Outside of Wrigley Field, a Hasidic Jew tried to wrap me in tefillin”
- “The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” — William Golding, Lord of the Flies
Tag Archives: Bret Stephens
“A movement that can detect a racist dog-whistle from miles away is strangely deaf when it comes to some of the barking on its own side of the fence”
NEW YORK TIMES The Progressive Assault on Israel by Bret Stephens February 8, 2019 …Israel is now the home of nearly nine million citizens, with an identity that is as distinctively and proudly Israeli as the Dutch are Dutch or … Continue reading
ALGEMEINER What Bret Stephens Missed About Trump and Israel by Ira Stoll December 27, 2018 “Donald Trump Is Bad For Israel,” is the headline of Bret Stephens’ column in The New York Times on Thursday…Stephens could be right that Trump’s limited pullback, if … Continue reading
A thought exercise: “Is there any damaging allegation against Kavanaugh, of any nature and from any source, which the left would not automatically believe?”
NEW YORK TIMES This Revolution, Too, Will Eat Its Children by Bret Stephens September 27, 2018 It wasn’t long ago that Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court hinged, as it must, on his qualifications as a judge. Then, necessarily, … Continue reading
Purpose of Israel’s Nation State Bill was “to codify into Israel’s Basic Laws — akin to a constitution — aspects of Israeli identity long taken for granted by Israelis and outsiders alike”
NEW YORK TIMES The Jewish State’s Nation-State Bill Non-Scandal by Bret Stephens August 10, 2018 Anyone who follows the news from Israel knows that the Knesset last month passed legislation that takes the Jewish state a step closer to apartheid … Continue reading
Bret Stephens: “How do so many so-called progressives now find themselves in objective sympathy with the murderers, misogynists and homophobes of #Hamas”
NEW YORK TIMES Gaza’s Miseries Have Palestinian Authors by Bret Stephens May 16, 2018 For the third time in two weeks, Palestinians in the Gaza Strip have set fire to the Kerem Shalom border crossing, through which they get medicine, fuel … Continue reading
Stephens: “Jews cannot rely for their safety on the kindness of strangers, least of all French or German politicians” [VIDEO]
NEW YORK TIMES Jewish Power at 70 Years by Bret Stephens April 20, 2018 …To be Jewish — at least visibly Jewish — in Europe is to live on borrowed time. That’s not to doubt the sincerity and good will … Continue reading
“For many of the young writers and editors entering the trade, journalism is exactly about creating the world idealized on college campuses, a world of radical egalitarianism, subjectivity, multiplicity, hybridity…”
FREE BEACON The Battle of Woke Island: The New York Times, Kevin Williamson, and the politics of the campus by Matthew Continetti April 6, 2018 …It cannot be an accident, for example, that the fiercest battles of the “woke civil … Continue reading