Most Clicked This Week
- "In her new book, Nikki Haley paints Rex Tillerson as her biggest adversary in the Trump administration"
- EVENT Tuvia Tenenbom, author of "I Sleep in Hitler's Room" and "Catch the Jew!" to speak in Chicago and Deerfield
- Amnesty International caught lying yet again about Israel
- Dershowitz: "I will not allow my life’s work to be “cancelled” by a totally false accusation by a woman I never met and by the cowardly McCarthyism of the 92nd Street Y"
- Mandy Patinkin, known for his support of BDS, channels himself on "Homeland," spreading lies to tens of millions
- "One of the few points of unbounded bipartisan agreement in Washington has for decades been that U.S.-Israel security cooperation is right, good, mutually beneficial, and worth every nickel"
- "It’s 2019, ten years later, and Iron Dome has given people more choices"
- Trump's "red carpet for Erdogan is unjustified until he ceases Turkey’s malign activities rather than covering them up"
Tag Archives: Matti Friedman
“It’s not European. And it doesn’t divide into right and left, religious and secular. Matti Friedman, author of a new book about Mizrahi spies, on why Israel baffles and infuriates”
TIMES OF ISRAEL Nobody hijacked Israel. It’s just not what its pioneers thought they’d created by David Horovitz July 29, 2019 …I came from the West, with the European stories of Israel — the kibbutz, the Holocaust… The longer you’re … Continue reading
“Clinton, Bush, and Obama were all “Zoomed in” on Israel and the Palestinians, while not understanding the broader context. Although we haven’t heard Trump’s proposal yet, it will likely have the same defect”
ELDER OF ZIYON Matti Friedman’s Lens and Sisyphean Mud by Vic Rosenthal January 24, 2019 …To really understand the conflicts surrounding Israel since its coming into being, one needs to zoom out even further than [Matti] Friedman does. One needs … Continue reading
“In the Israeli view, no peacemaker can bring the two sides together because there aren’t just two sides. There are many, many sides”
NEW YORK TIMES There Is No ‘Israeli-Palestinian Conflict’: To understand why, you have to zoom out by Matti Friedman January 19, 2019 …If you see only an “Israeli-Palestinian” conflict, then nothing that Israelis do makes sense…In this tightly cropped frame, … Continue reading
“Former AP columnist held forth on the subject of How to Report the Middle East from the Middle East at the Jewish Media Summit in Jerusalem”
JUDEAN ROSE Framing the Narrative: Matti Friedman on the Israel Story by Varda Meyers Epstein November 27, 2018 You have to admire Matti Friedman. He bucked the entrenched wisdom to expose the unfairness (here and here) of the media’s excessive focus on … Continue reading
NEW YORK TIMES Falling for Hamas’s Split-Screen Fallacy by Matti Friedman May 16, 2018 …Most Western viewers experienced these events through a visual storytelling tool: a split screen [the Embassy opening and the Gaza riots]…The attempts to breach the Gaza … Continue reading
WASHINGTON POST What happens when famous novelists ‘confront the Occupation’ in the West Bank by Matti Friedman June 23, 2017 …What it’s really about is the writers. Most of the essays aren’t journalism but a kind of selfie in which … Continue reading
“Despite Israel’s unprecedented efforts to minimize Gaza’s civilian casualties, the film shows how Hamas works to maximize them” [VIDEO]
FRONT PAGE MAG Media Misfeasance Exposed in “Eyeglass in Gaza” Documentary by Noah Beck March 6, 2017 Hamas operatives burst into the Associated Press (AP) Gaza bureau during the 2014 war with Israel, angered by a picture shot by an … Continue reading