Most Clicked This Week
- Philosopher Benedict Beckeld talks to Jonathan Kay about why so many intellectuals and young people loathe the culture of the West
- The Dreyfus Affair: Why the filmmaker’s depiction of early-20th-century anti-Semitism in ‘J’accuse’ is, with reservations, ‘important and beautiful’
- Netanyahu on proposed US-Israel defense pact, something “we could only dream about, but which now we have the opportunity to implement”
- No Palestinian elections ? It's Israel's fault. Again.
- #BDSFail Anti-Israel activists fail to convince ICC that Israel is guilty of "war crimes"
- Actor Ben Kinsgley, one of Algemeiners "Top 100 People Influencing Jewish Life," honored at gala
- Pensacola Saudi gunman's Twitter account "condemned US support for Israel and included a quote from Al-Qaeda’s deceased leader, the Saudi Osama bin Laden"
- J Street and Palestinian Authority praise Democratic-led resolution which supports Two-State Solution and condemns proposed West Bank annexations
Tag Archives: New Israel Fund
“The New Israel Fund is seeking to create an alternative to Federations by allowing donors to give money to exactly the kind of groups that mainstream philanthropies want no part of”
JNS New Israel Fund’s war on Jewish life by Jonathan S. Tobin November 4, 2019 According to the Forward, the rationale for the New Israel Fund’s push to create an alternative philanthropic system can be explained by what a Philadelphia psychologist named … Continue reading
“This article is an open letter to any Liberal American Jew who has ever donated or considered donating to the New Israel Fund”
MIDA How the NIF is Ruining Israel’s Democracy by Ziv Maor August 3, 2018 …Like you, I am a Jew. I am also an Israeli and politically conservative. While we may differ in many things, we share a core identity … Continue reading
ALGEMEINER Donations to Controversial New Israel Fund Plummet by $6 Million in 2016 by JNS.org August 18, 2017 Donations to the controversial New Israel Fund (NIF), which has been accused of supporting anti-Israel groups, have dropped nearly 20 percent in … Continue reading
Have criticisms of Israel by Reform leaders and rabbis contributed to a distancing from – and even, in some instances, a hostility toward – Israel among some Reform Jews?
JERUSALEM POST A promise that should be kept by Jonathan Greenberg April 25, 2016 …When Rabbi Rick Jacobs, the current head of the Union for Reform Judaism, was appointed to his post in 2011, much was made of his leftwing … Continue reading
“The Reform movement is in precipitous decline. Besides having merely 1.7 children per family, 60% of recent marriages have been with non-Jews. Only one of every five intermarried parents raises children as Jewish”
ARUTZ SHEVA A declining Reform Movement wants to Reform Israel by Rabbi Yaakov Menken March 22, 2016 …A mere 3 percent of Israeli Jews identify with the [Reform] movement, and even fewer attend one of the only 42 Reform congregations in the … Continue reading
Why are Jewish donor dollars going through a Jewish organization to fund a program honoring “great humanitarian” Rachel Corrie?
JEWISH PRESS Why Are American Jews Funding a Rachel Corrie Memorial Program? by Lori Lowenthal Marcus February 25, 2016 Never put it past Jews in the Diaspora to shoot themselves (or at least their own people) in the foot, or … Continue reading
TRUTH REVOLT Police Complaint Filed Against New Israel Fund Today in Jerusalem January 18, 2016 A complaint was filed with the Jerusalem police against the New Israel Fund (NIF) today following a rejection by the city of Jerusalem of their … Continue reading