Most Clicked This Week
- “I naively believed that STEM would be spared from the ideological takeover. I was wrong, says Princeton professor Sergiu Klainerman.
- “There are two times in my life the hair on my arms has stood up,” Dodgers general manager Al Campanis once recalled. “The first time I saw the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and the first time I saw Sandy Koufax throw a fastball”
- Bullets and Bagels: The Jewish shooting club
- "Gantz says there is ‘likelihood’ Tehran behind explosion in Gulf"
- "Judges say converts through non-Orthodox denominations in Israel must be considered Jews for citizenship purposes; chief rabbis fume"
- Inconvenient Truths about Race and Slavery; Not to deny African-American history, but to contextualize
- “As Secretary of State, Shultz was the friend and protector of Soviet Jews, and particularly the Jewish Refuseniks sentenced to monstrous, long terms in the gulag”
Tag Archives: Cyber
Former Shin Bet technology division head Ron Shamir says U.S. cyber defenders are experiencing a “very difficult hour”
JNS Israel must study and learn from prospective Russian cyber breach of US networks by Yaakov Lappin January 8, 2021 Israel’s National Cyber Directorate, which is in charge of defending critical infrastructure, needs to study every detail of the massive … Continue reading
“National Cyber Directorate personnel spend every waking hour warding off the wide array of cyberattacks launched at Israel on all levels by terrorist groups, hackers, and malicious state actors”
ISRAEL HAYOM (by agreement with JNS) ‘Israel is a cyber superpower, the potential is endless’ by Yoav Limor September 30, 2020 Walking into the Tel Aviv office of Israel National Cyber Directorate Head Yigal Unna, you immediately notice a very … Continue reading
JNS Iran ‘opened a Pandora’s box’ in cyber attack on Israeli water system by Yaakov Lappin June 2, 2020 The Iranian cyber attack in early April on an Israeli water-treatment facility, designed to get computers to add too much chlorine to … Continue reading
“Tel Aviv-based startup staffed by former members of IDF intelligence units, who set up false identities and infiltrate black hat groups to foil cyber-attacks”
TIMES OF ISRAEL White-Hat’s hackers trawl the dark web in hunt for criminals by Shoshanna Solomon June 1, 2017 The offices of White-Hat Ltd., a cybersecurity firm in the heart of Tel Aviv, contain the typical trappings of a startup: … Continue reading
FORBES Inside Israel’s Secret Startup Machine by Richard Behar May 31, 2016 Even in the hallowed annals of teenage hackerdom, this never-before-told story might top them all. In the early 1990s Avishai Abrahami found himself, as required for most Israelis … Continue reading
Beersheba’s Gav-Yam Negev Tech Park home to 45 firms, from giants like Lockheed Martin, IBM, PayPal and Deutsche Telekom, to tech start-ups
WASHINGTON POST Israel hopes a cyber-city in the desert will coax highly trained, affluent, young people away from Tel Aviv by Ellen Nakashima and Ruth Eglash May 14, 2016 This city in the heart of the Negev desert was once … Continue reading
MOTHERBOARD The Future of Cybersecurity Is Being Written in the Israeli Desert by Hunter Stuart February 1, 2016 In its ambition to be the cybersecurity capital of the world, Israel is busy building a vast military-industrial security megacomplex in the … Continue reading
DEFENSE NEWS by Barbara Opall-Rome June 20, 2014 Netanyahu: ‘We Have a Land Flowing With Milk and Cyber’ HERZLIYA, ISRAEL — Israeli exports of cyber-related products and services last year reached $3 billion, some 5 percent of the global market … Continue reading