Most Clicked This Week
- Matti Friedman: "When consuming news from Israel, there’s a list of questions I ask when deciding if I’m getting sane information or a narrative of a different kind."
- "Moving Israel to the Pentagon’s Middle East command could lead to progress on the Abraham Accords, experts say"
- “The Jewish community leadership has become so wedded to the new “progressive” ideology that it forbids community discussions, inquiries or challenges to it”
- Tarantino: "If I’m going to be in another country, the country that handled COVID the best is probably the best country to be in”
- "Not naming the distinctly left-wing roots of this hatred suggests that those doing the condemning do not want to alienate supposed allies"
- Khaled Salem, a pro-Israel Arab Democrat in primary to unseat Chuck Schumer
- "Parties in Germany’s coalition government have agreed to ban the flag of Hamas, as a mark of respect for Jewish citizens in the wake of anti-Semitic attacks linked to last month’s Middle East violence"
- "Only time will tell whether Israel has been successful in buying for itself some time before it needs to “mow the grass” in Gaza again"
Tag Archives: American Israel Public Affairs Committee
“What ‘Kings of Capitol Hill’ (and others) get wrong is how AIPAC sticks to its principles even when they’re inconvenient for either side of our polarized political scene”
TIMES OF ISRAEL That’s not the AIPAC I know by Wendy Singer September 22, 2020 The recently screened film, Kings of Capitol Hill, has put a spotlight on AIPAC and its role in the American political scene. I am a former … Continue reading
“The director of a film that slams AIPAC holds the erroneous view that any group that’s not explicitly left-wing is the right-wing enemy”
TIMES OF ISRAEL Misunderstanding AIPAC and American politics by David E. Bernstein September 8, 2020 The Times of Israel Monday carried an interview with Mor Loushy, director of The Kings of Capitol Hill, a new documentary critical of Israel. I … Continue reading
AIPAC Action Alert A one-sided, anti-Israel letter being circulated in the House by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)—cosigned by Reps. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA), Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) and Betty McCollum (D-MN): Directly threatens the U.S.-Israel relationship Supports conditioning and cutting America’s security … Continue reading
“With the stars aligned, Israel needs to seize the moment, and its key lobby group in Washington, AIPAC, should encourage American lawmakers to do the same”
JNS Why AIPAC should endorse Trump’s plan and support Netanyahu’s sovereignty move by Ret. General Amir Avivi June 16, 2020 …As a retired general in the Israel Defense Forces–and the founder and CEO of “Habithonistim,” the “Protectors of Israel” organization—which … Continue reading
AIPAC denies JTA story I posted; “AIPAC does not encourage members of Congress to criticize the government of Israel”
JNS AIPAC denies overlooking congressional criticism of planned Israeli annexation of West Bank areas by Jackson Richman June 12, 2020 The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the top pro-Israel lobby, has denied a report that it gave permission to … Continue reading
“AIPAC privately telling officials it’s OK to condemn planned controversial West Bank move as long as they don’t push to limit US aid to Jewish state”
TIMES OF ISRAEL In first, AIPAC gives US lawmakers green light to criticize Israel on annexation by Ron Kampeas June 10, 2020 The leading pro-Israel lobby in the United States is telling US lawmakers that they are free to criticize … Continue reading
Shame on ERIC CORTELLESSA for his imbalanced, utterly misleading reporting on AIPAC — and shame on the Times of Israel for not demanding higher journalistic standards. Eric’s most recent offense is the article entitled “Democrats Buttigieg, Klobuchar latest to skip … Continue reading
They don’t have time for AIPAC but Sanders, Buttigieg, Biden and Warren attended #JStreet confab either in person or by video
TIMES OF ISRAEL Has J Street become US Jewry’s Democratic kingmaker on Israel? Interview by Eric Cortellessa February 21, 2020 …It’s not clear how many [Democratic candidates] will attend this year’s [AIPAC policy conference]; a source with the pro-Israel lobby … Continue reading
“In an effort to discredit AIPAC, its opponents and competition have begun falsely accusing AIPAC of practicing the politics of hate, immoral tactics and producing harmful effects all around the world”
TIMES OF ISRAEL The Lies Told about AIPAC by Uri Pilichowski February 19, 2020 “We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.” The well known words of American writer Ambrose … Continue reading
“Because Trump’s recognition of Israeli sovereignty over Golan was done through an executive order, a future president could undo the action. A bill passed into law would set the policy in stone”
JNS AIPAC comes out in support of congressional bills recognizing Israeli control of Golan Heights by Jackson Richman May 6, 2019 The American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the most powerful pro-Israel lobbying group in the United States, has come out … Continue reading