Most Clicked This Week
- Jewish Cancel Culture: Brothers of AEPi petition removal of CEO for his conservative politics
- Congresswoman Tlaib continues to demonize and lie about Israel...Will anyone on the Left condemn her phony attacks?
- Inconvenient Truths about Race and Slavery; Not to deny African-American history, but to contextualize
- "Hardly any British people have the slightest inkling of what has been going on in our so-called seats of learning"
- Hey kids, lets all play that new game, Are you an anti-Semite?
- What do KIND Bars have to do with Prime Minister Netanyahu ?
- Antibacterial alternative to the N95 surgical masks now available online from Israel: "Sonovia’s reusable cotton-poly SonoMask are infused with metal-oxide nanoparticles that kill germs and last through 100 washings"
- Pro-Trump supporters discover that hate does in fact have a home here in Highland Park: "The hate, the foul language, the physical abuse of senior citizens was inexcusable."
Tag Archives: Yom Kippur
Yom Kippur (the 10th day of the Jewish year) concludes 10 days of soul-searching, atonement and repentance– the holiest Jewish time – which begins on Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the Jewish year, commemorating the creation of the first human-being, Adam
THE ETTINGER REPORT Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) Guide for the Perplexed, 2020 by Yoram Ettinger September 23, 2020 …Asking forgiveness of fellow human-beings – and not only of God – is a major feature of Yom Kippur. From acrimony … Continue reading
Synagogues are shortening the typically long Yom Kippur services to head off Zoom fatigue. Find your service here.
TIMES OF ISRAEL Want to attend a US online Yom Kippur service? Here are some options by JTA September 27, 2020 The global pandemic has upended traditional High Holiday services this year, closing synagogues or severely limiting attendance for the … Continue reading
“In this High Holiday season, when we want to make amends with others, Howes’ illuminating book is a valuable guide “to make things right”
JEWISH BOSTON When Saying “I’m Sorry” Isn’t Enough by Judy Bolton-Fasman September 14, 2020 “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced,” said James Baldwin. Clinical psychologist Molly Howes takes Baldwin’s … Continue reading
“As the High Holidays approach in the midst of an ongoing pandemic, synagogues rethink their offerings”
TABLET MAG A New Year Like No Other by Paula Jacobs September 13, 2020 …Rosh Hashanah represents a time of hope and renewal. But in 5781, as the pandemic continues to surge with no apparent end in sight, clergy are under … Continue reading
ENTERTAINMENT Roseanne Barr says she’s moving to Israel when The Connors airs: ‘I’m staying away from it’ by Mike Miller September 3, 2018 Roseanne Barr is heading all the way to the Holy Land to avoid The Conners. During her latest appearance … Continue reading
Shanah Tovah (שנה טובה), gefilte fish and sermons for 5778: “As for President Trump, most non-Orthodox Jews deem opposition to him tantamount to a religious commandment”
TOWN HALL What Will Your Rabbi Talk About This Week? by Dennis Prager September 19, 2017 …You would think that rabbis have a deep well from which to choose the subject of their sermons. And many do. But Jews from … Continue reading
“Human-beings are accorded an opportunity to recreate themselves spiritually, each year, on Yom Kippur, the tenth day of Tishrei – an Acadian word for forgiveness and Genesis”
THE ETTINGER REPORT Yom Kippur Guide for the Perplexed, 2016 by Yoram Ettinger October 7, 2016 Yom Kippur is a day of hope and optimism, in addition to a solemn day of soul-searching. The Day of Atonement provides a unique awareness … Continue reading
#PalestinianTerror doesn’t faze every Israeli: “There isn’t a person in Jerusalem who hasn’t been in — or knows someone who has been in or witnessed — an attack. Nothing has changed in our lives since yesterday”
ALGEMEINER High Anxiety Among Jerusalemites in Wake of Deadly Palestinian Shooting Rampage by Ruthie Blum October 10, 2016 Anxiety is palpable in Jerusalem in the wake of Sunday morning’s deadly Palestinian terrorist attack, which left two Israelis dead and six others … Continue reading
RABBI JONATHAN SACKS BLOG What chapter will we write in the Book of Life? September 21, 2015 …It is a day not just of confession and forgiveness but of a profound liberation. Atonement means that we can begin again. We … Continue reading
BUSINESS INSIDER by Peter Jacobs October 5, 2014 Offensive graffiti — including swastikas — was found early Sunday morning on the Alpha Epsilon Pi chapter house at Emory University, the university confirmed to Business Insider Sunday. AEPi is a national … Continue reading