Most Clicked This Week
- How Trump used Putin to achieve his campaign promise of “no more endless wars”
- Inconvenient Truths about Race and Slavery; Not to deny African-American history, but to contextualize
- Council on Foreign Relations to host Iranian Foreign Minister "days after Iran tortured and executed popular Iranian wrestler Navid Afkari over his participation in a peaceful protest"
- Shortly after explosion at Iranian nuclear enrichment facility—destroying 3/4 of the compound—“Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi hinted at Israeli involvement”
- "It took only two weeks for the UAE to change their textbooks to accept and embrace Israel as part of the Middle East - but Palestinian media and schools still teach that Jews are the usurping outsiders who will ultimately be banished"
- Jackie Mason: Anti-Israel Hollywood actors have profited all their lives from Jewish people, Jewish directors, Jewish producers.
- Son of Democrat Congressman Mel Levine: "Coming out as Republican worse than coming out gay"
- WSJ: "The ruin of major liberal cities by progressive policies is a significant political event"
Tag Archives: Daniel Gordis
“Beinart is a smart guy; he knows that for his readers to buy his thesis, it is important that they not know very much”
TIMES OF ISRAEL End the Jewish State? Let’s try some honesty, first by Daniel Gordis July 8, 2020 …About what do we [Peter Beinart and myself] agree? I share Peter’s deep frustration over the plight of Palestinian Arabs. I, too, … Continue reading
Gordis: “Why are so many of us – rabbis, backpackers, politicians, with their recklessness during a pandemic – willing to endanger the extraordinary Jewish life we’ve built here?”
TIMES OF ISRAEL ‘We will guard and protect you’: Our forgotten promise to Israel by Daniel Gordis March 23, 2020 Twenty-something years ago, after a year’s sabbatical in Israel, when we had decided that we were going to stay and … Continue reading
“In his new book, ‘We Stand Divided,’ Daniel Gordis examines the deep roots of the growing rift between American and Israeli Jews”
TABLET MAGAZINE Between Two Promised Lands by Ari Blaff September 24, 2019 …In the book [We Stand Divided]’s most stimulating and provocative chapter, Gordis presents American and Israeli conceptions of democracy as being fundamentally at odds. In the U.S., politics … Continue reading
NEW YORK TIMES Benny Gantz Can’t Heal the Rift Between U.S. Jews and Israel by Daniel Gordis September 23, 2019 …But contrary to conventional wisdom, I believe that any new Israeli prime minister might ultimately make matters worse between Israel … Continue reading
American progressive’s “utter lack of interest in what actually interests the citizens of Israel has to change”
JERUSALEM POST If American Jewish Progressives Really Seek Change by Daniel Gordis July 18, 2018 …In May, Israeli troops killed several dozen Palestinians, many of them young, at the Gaza border fence. It was a tragic day, but aside from … Continue reading
BLOOMBERG Court Forces Israel to Face Its Ultra-Orthodox Problem by Daniel Gordis September 14, 2017 When Israel’s Supreme Court ruled this week that a law exempting ultra-Orthodox young men from military service is unconstitutional, it did more than pose yet another political … Continue reading
“Driving on Shabbat, eating out, gay marriage and more: For more than half a century, the Conservative movement has been…just a movement that can’t say no”
FORWARD The Conservative Movement Will Inevitably Cave On Intermarriage by Daniel Gordis June 21, 2017 …No less saddening, though, was the fact that glaringly missing from Schonfeld’s column is any mention of the next dramatic change that obviously lies just … Continue reading
“Increasingly, the orientation of many American Jews toward Israel is one neither of instinctive loyalty nor of pride but of indifference, embarrassment, or hostility”
MOSAIC MAG Why Many American Jews Are Becoming Indifferent or Even Hostile to Israel by Daniel Gordis May 8, 2017 …In brief, the group growing most disconnected from Israel is composed of younger, politically more left-leaning, and religiously less traditionalist … Continue reading
Memo to those liberal rabbis “who share Rabbi Gordis’s concerns about the Trump presidency and are busy sitting shiva with their congregants…”
JNS.ORG Why Daniel Gordis Is Dead Wrong on Donald Trump and the Jews by Abraham H. Miller November 21, 2016 …But this is less the voice of Gordis’s usual scholarly insight and moderation, and more a page from Lamentations reminding … Continue reading
“It’s refreshing, in a world rife with anti-Zionist propaganda, to read a book written by someone who actually thinks Israel was a good, indeed a grand idea”
FREE BEACON Israel, In One Volume Review: Daniel Gordis, ‘Israel: A Concise History of a Nation Reborn’ by David Isaac October 28, 2016 …Daniel Gordis describes the Jews’ return to their homeland as “one of the great dramas” of human … Continue reading