Most Clicked This Week
- Kontorovich: Does Israel occupy the West Bank ?
- Only 2nd time an Israeli-led measure at UN has ever passed; initiative earns 114 cosponsors, approved by consensus; Iran opposes but can’t force vote since it hasn’t paid UN dues
- "The fact that the White House messaging is focused on assigning blame is a harbinger of bad news from the talks in Vienna"
- Son of Democrat Congressman Mel Levine: "Coming out as Republican worse than coming out gay"
- Since announcing its boycott of Judea and Samaria, "Unilever stock value has plunged 20.7% translating into a $26 billion loss"
- “Never has a U.S. president given up so much leverage so quickly for absolutely zero gain”
- Historian Eliezer Tauber explores how Palestinian propaganda backfired by turning a bloody battle into a fateful blood libel
- "If you think the reason Israel gets so much support in Congress is the money and influence of the pro-Israel lobby, you might be surprised to learn that that lobby ranks 20th on the most recent list of congressional donors"
Tag Archives: Daniel Gordis
A recently published book offers a new take on a pivotal battle and an intentional mistruth that changed the course of history forever
DANIEL GORDIS BLOG “The Massacre That Never Was” January 10, 2022 …A new book by Eliezer Tauber, a former dean at Bar Ilan University and an expert on the formation of Arab nationalism, has taken on the Deir Yassin story … Continue reading
Gordis: “Even in recent days, well into the second week of this war, Israelis were proving exceedingly resilient”
DANIEL GORDIS SUBSTACK What if there’s never going to be peace? by Daniel Gordis May 20, 2021 …The books and the highway exits and the soldiers and the calendar and the language and the love of the land – it’s … Continue reading
“Beinart is a smart guy; he knows that for his readers to buy his thesis, it is important that they not know very much”
TIMES OF ISRAEL End the Jewish State? Let’s try some honesty, first by Daniel Gordis July 8, 2020 …About what do we [Peter Beinart and myself] agree? I share Peter’s deep frustration over the plight of Palestinian Arabs. I, too, … Continue reading
Gordis: “Why are so many of us – rabbis, backpackers, politicians, with their recklessness during a pandemic – willing to endanger the extraordinary Jewish life we’ve built here?”
TIMES OF ISRAEL ‘We will guard and protect you’: Our forgotten promise to Israel by Daniel Gordis March 23, 2020 Twenty-something years ago, after a year’s sabbatical in Israel, when we had decided that we were going to stay and … Continue reading
“In his new book, ‘We Stand Divided,’ Daniel Gordis examines the deep roots of the growing rift between American and Israeli Jews”
TABLET MAGAZINE Between Two Promised Lands by Ari Blaff September 24, 2019 …In the book [We Stand Divided]’s most stimulating and provocative chapter, Gordis presents American and Israeli conceptions of democracy as being fundamentally at odds. In the U.S., politics … Continue reading
NEW YORK TIMES Benny Gantz Can’t Heal the Rift Between U.S. Jews and Israel by Daniel Gordis September 23, 2019 …But contrary to conventional wisdom, I believe that any new Israeli prime minister might ultimately make matters worse between Israel … Continue reading
American progressive’s “utter lack of interest in what actually interests the citizens of Israel has to change”
JERUSALEM POST If American Jewish Progressives Really Seek Change by Daniel Gordis July 18, 2018 …In May, Israeli troops killed several dozen Palestinians, many of them young, at the Gaza border fence. It was a tragic day, but aside from … Continue reading
BLOOMBERG Court Forces Israel to Face Its Ultra-Orthodox Problem by Daniel Gordis September 14, 2017 When Israel’s Supreme Court ruled this week that a law exempting ultra-Orthodox young men from military service is unconstitutional, it did more than pose yet another political … Continue reading
“Driving on Shabbat, eating out, gay marriage and more: For more than half a century, the Conservative movement has been…just a movement that can’t say no”
FORWARD The Conservative Movement Will Inevitably Cave On Intermarriage by Daniel Gordis June 21, 2017 …No less saddening, though, was the fact that glaringly missing from Schonfeld’s column is any mention of the next dramatic change that obviously lies just … Continue reading
“Increasingly, the orientation of many American Jews toward Israel is one neither of instinctive loyalty nor of pride but of indifference, embarrassment, or hostility”
MOSAIC MAG Why Many American Jews Are Becoming Indifferent or Even Hostile to Israel by Daniel Gordis May 8, 2017 …In brief, the group growing most disconnected from Israel is composed of younger, politically more left-leaning, and religiously less traditionalist … Continue reading