Most Clicked This Week
- Upcoming J Street conference participants to include Sanders, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Schumer, Pelosi and the PLO
- "Retreating and abandoning allies may not be the optimum strategy"
- University of Illinois presentation “'instead of fostering dialogue, incited division, distrust and anger"
- IDF lone soldier Michaela ‘Mika’ Levit was found dead outside her base last week, having left a note to her family describing recent ‘hardships’
- Actor Ben Kinsgley, one of Algemeiners "Top 100 People Influencing Jewish Life," honored at gala
- Brig. General Kuperwasser: “The depth of the U.S. commitment to Israel is very different from its commitment to the Syrian Kurds"
- In IL3, Dem Congressman Dan Lipinski to be primaried by Rush Darwish a Palestinian who will “proudly champion BDS" in Congress, "much like Congresswomen Tlaib and Omar”
Tag Archives: US State Department
Iran Sanctions New State Department waivers “leave intact sanctions that apply directly to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard and its proxies”
PBS NEWS HOUR U.S. grants exemptions to sanctions on Iran Revolutionary Guard by Matt Lee, Associated Press April 24, 2019 The Trump administration on Wednesday granted important exemptions to new sanctions on Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, watering down the effects of … Continue reading
JEWISH PRESS State Dept. Drops ‘Occupied Territories’ from Judea, Samaria, Gaza & Golan Heights in Annual Report by Hana Levi Julian March 13, 2019 For the first time ever, the U.S. State Department dropped the term “occupied territories” from its … Continue reading
JNS Declassified report on UNRWA accuses State Department of misleading Congress on Palestinian textbooks by Jackson Richman February 8, 2019 A new report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office accuses the U.S. State Department of misleading Congress over recent couple years regarding … Continue reading
“He is a committed Jew and pro-Israel advocate, and is smart as a whip. He is an extremely successful prosecutor”
JNS Iraq war veteran, grandson of Holocaust survivors Elan Carr tapped as anti-Semitism envoy by Jackson Richman February 4, 2019 After a 21-month-long vacancy awaiting the appointment of the U.S. State Department’s Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism, the … Continue reading
#Palestinians on US mission change: “The US administration has fully endorsed the Israeli narrative, including on Jerusalem, Refugees and Settlements”
TIMES OF ISRAEL In blow to Palestinians, US places Jerusalem consulate under embassy by Alexander Fulbright October 18, 2018 The State Department announced Thursday that it would bring its main diplomatic mission to the Palestinians under the auspices of the … Continue reading
DC’s “PLO Mission has been operating illegally since 1987. Subsequent administrations, however, allowed it to stay open anyway for political and diplomatic reasons”
JNS Despite outcry, shuttered PLO Mission did not aid peace process while contravening U.S. law by Israel Kasnett October 5, 2018 After months of speculation over what steps the Trump administration would take against the Palestinian Liberation Organization Mission in … Continue reading
“Iranian officials had originally blamed the US and Israel for being behind the attack, though a later consensus emerged that local Arab separatists carried out the assault”
TIMES OF ISRAEL Despite hostility, US ‘stands with Iranians’ after attack on military parade by Staff and AFP September 23, 2018 The US strongly condemned an attack on a military parade in Iran that killed at least 29 people Saturday, … Continue reading