Most Clicked This Week
- "BDS has made life worse for Palestinian Arabs, the very people they falsely claim to help"
- "Netanyahu swiftly expressed concern last Friday after Secretary of State Tony Blinken said the U.S. was prepared to begin nuclear talks with Iran aimed at restoring the 2015 deal"
- #BretStephens: "In the humorless world of Woke, the satire is never funny and the statute of limitations never expires, even when it comes to hamantaschen".
- At the UN: World Health Organization dumps on Israel again while Brigitte Gabriel--a Lebanese woman wearing a Star of David--defends the Jewish state
- "Manfred Gerstenfeld was a Jewish renaissance man and a prodigious writer who leaves a rich legacy in many different realms. Born in Vienna in 1937, he and his family were forced to flee, and survived the Holocaust by hiding in a small apartment in Amsterdam"
- #SNL helps promote libel that Israel withholds vaccine from #Palestinians
- Former Israeli senior defense officials express support for Biden's position not to lift Iran sanctions unless it returns to 2015 deal
- In a letter to the incoming ICC prosecutor, a group of 16 leaders, including the former premiers of Canada, Australia, Spain and Uruguay, state their concern at the “unprecedented campaign of delegitimization against Israel.”
Tag Archives: Illinois
Illinois’s controversial, sweeping criminal justice reform bill more than 700 pages in length — eliminating cash bail was just one piece — flew through the House and Senate during a lame duck session”
CHICAGO TRIBUNE Policing and outrage at a rushed criminal justice reform bill Editorial Board January 15, 2021 …The Senate voted on the bill in the middle of the night, and House Democrats cut off questions from Republicans minutes before a … Continue reading
#Illinois Speaker #MikeMadigan: “Polling in 2019 showed a stunning 71% of voters statewide disapproved of the speaker”
ILLINOIS POLICY Madigan’s reign ends as longest-serving legislative leader in U.S. history by Austin Berg January 13, 2021 Exactly 50 years after first taking his seat in the Illinois House of Representatives, today marked the end of the longest reign … Continue reading
“We hear a lot of the talk about how the deaths in Florida were ‘preventable’. What about the ones in Illinois?”
FEDERALIST Why Is Big Media Hiding That Illinois Has Far More COVID Cases Than Florida? Because Illinois Has A Democrat In Charge And Tighter Lockdowns by Jordan Davidson November 27, 2020 …Months after outlets such as CNN, NPR, the Washington … Continue reading
NATIONAL REVIEW A Progressive Tax Will Doom Illinois Small Businesses By John Tillman October 19, 2020 …While all taxpayers are at risk once Illinois state lawmakers can divide taxpayers without facing pushback from constituents, the insidious part is the progressive … Continue reading
MEDIUM A Call for New Leadership for the Democratic Party of Illinois ILDem Leaders for New Leadership August 11, 2020 We come from across Illinois; from Bloomington to Rockford and from Carbondale to Chicago. We are or were elected officials, … Continue reading
“President Trump and Senator McConnell may be tempted to tell the Democratic states, like Illinois, to get lost. Mr. Stoll offers an alternative approach — using the sudden federal financial leverage “to demand policy reforms that would diminish the long-term structural dysfunctionality” of the mendicant states”
NEW YORK SUN State Bailouts: ‘Beyond Galling,’ ‘Shameless,’ Too Editorial Board April 20, 2020 The drama of profligate states using the coronavirus pandemic as an excuse to seek federal bailouts to paper over long-term mismanagement has finally found a Pavarotti … Continue reading
“Decades of incompetent budgeting and enormous but unfunded promises shove Illinois into insolvency, unable to pay bills as they come due”
CHICAGO TRIBUNE Repeating: Democrats, it’s time for Madigan to go. Editorial Board January 17, 2020 …Parents watch in chagrin as young people by the tens of thousands join an Illinois Exodus and build their futures elsewhere. Tax gouges relentlessly expand, … Continue reading
“Connecting the dots between high taxes, unsustainable pension costs and slow economic growth is a practice many elected officials in Chicago and Illinois would rather we shut up about”
CHICAGO TRIBUNE No, we won’t shut up about the Illinois Exodus. Latest downside: Chicago’s top real estate investors are shopping elsewhere Editorial Board January 2, 2020 Several recent Chicago Tribune stories on tax hikes and population losses may have caught … Continue reading
The price of one-party rule: “Illinois politicians continue to categorically reject new laws that structurally change how this state works. Gov. J.B. Pritzker refuses to even consider an amendment to the pension protection clause”
WIREPOINTS 250 new laws will greet Illinoisans January 1, but none slow the state’s steep decline by Ted Dabrowski December 26, 2019 Do a quick scan of the 255 new laws taking effect in Illinois on January 1 and it … Continue reading
The Illinois financial crisis: “Outside of unfunded state employee pension obligations, no other challenge facing legislators poses a greater threat to the state’s long-term prosperity”
CRAINS The other financial storm threatening to capsize Illinois’ economy by Joe Cahill December 10, 2019 We’ll soon find out if Illinois lawmakers are serious about easing the state’s unsustainable property tax burden. As you may know, Illinois has the … Continue reading