Most Clicked This Week
- Black former DC #WomensMarch leader: “Linda Sarsour is an antisemite and even when she is apologizing to the Jewish community on the one hand, she is condemning it on the other"
- "Illinoisans pay the highest property taxes in the nation. At 2.7 percent of home value annually, Illinoisans pay far more than residents in neighboring states"
- ‘Are you a Jew?’ Arab Attacks on Jews nothing new.
- If you're considering year-end giving to organizations like #NewIsraelFund...
- “The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” — William Golding, Lord of the Flies
- NY Times writer Michelle Alexander over her head on Israeli-Palestinian conflict but that doesn't stop her
- Palestinians to US: We'll stop taking your money to avoid liability for our acts of terror
- Crains Chicago: "Obama Presidential Center isn't quite the done deal that many Chicagoans think"
Tag Archives: Illinois
“Illinoisans pay the highest property taxes in the nation. At 2.7 percent of home value annually, Illinoisans pay far more than residents in neighboring states”
WIREPOINTS Illinois’ lethal combination: Rising property taxes and stagnant incomes by Ted Dabrowski and John Klingner January 21, 2019 A lethal combination of rising property taxes and stagnant incomes has forced many Illinoisans to rethink their relationship with their state. … Continue reading
“Estimated net reduction in Illinois’ population this year is 45,116 residents. Every other state in the Midwest is growing”
CHICAGO TRIBUNE How bad does the ‘Illinois Exodus’ have to get? Editorial Board December 19, 2018 When he takes office in January, Gov.-elect J.B. Pritzker will have fewer constituents than he might have expected. Unfortunately he’ll also have fewer constituents … Continue reading
The Airbnb IPO: “Airbnb might find exploiting hatred for financial gain to be a terrible financial as well as moral miscalculation”
FORBES Airbnb Boycotted And Sued For Discrimination Following Israel Settlement Ban by Biz Carson December 11, 2018 Airbnb’s decision to remove 200 listings from Israeli settlements in the West Bank is creating a growing headache for a company that’s no … Continue reading
DISPATCH-ARGUS A legal answer to state pension crisis? by Scott Reeder November 29, 2018 …A new legal theory is being pondered by outgoing state Rep. Jeanne Ives, R-Wheaton, that she contends would get the state out from under the pension … Continue reading
FREE BEACON Illinois’ Anti-BDS Efforts in Jeopardy as Key Opponent Leads Polls in Attorney General Race by Adam Kredo October 22, 2018 …Kwame Raoul, a veteran Illinois state legislator who replaced President Barack Obama in the legislative body when he … Continue reading
“If elected #Illinois governor in November, #JBPritzker will wear his sash and carry silver trays of sliced apples to Boss Madigan and wait to be told when to propose his whopping tax increase”
CHICAGO TRIBUNE Come back to Rauner? Or let ‘Toilets’ Pritzker wear a sash while Boss Madigan rules Illinois? by John Kass October 19, 2018 The November elections in Illinois aren’t about some Democratic revenge fantasy, punishing President Donald Trump for … Continue reading
#IllinoisExodus “The typical family in Illinois making just over $79,000 would pay an additional $2,500 to $3,500 in income taxes in order to finance Pritzker’s spending promises”
ILLINOIS POLICY Pritzker price tag: Candidate’s spending promises require doubling state income tax by Adam Schuster October 10, 2018 Democratic gubernatorial candidate J.B. Pritzker has promised a number of new spending programs as well as closing Illinois’ current structural deficit. … Continue reading