Most Clicked This Week
- Bret Stephens to President Biden: The US can achieve a lot “when it abandons decades of conventional wisdom regarding the nature of the Middle East’s problems and the solutions to them”
- "As U.S.-Israel relations gear up for a great reset, the Obama administration's parting shot may be the starting point for the Biden administration"
- Jerusalem Post provides former PM Ehud Olmert a platform for a nasty, partisan attack on philanthropist and political donor Sheldon Adelson days after his death
- "How support for a Jewish state is eminently compatible with American patriotism"
- NYT writer carrying water for Iran was an Iranian agent
- "American Jews continue to remain tethered to the party that refuses to denounce Jew-hatred in its midst while embracing lawmakers who are raging anti-Semites, including Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Pramila Jayapal, Betty McCollum, and Keith Ellison"
- American Airlines NY-Tel Aviv tickets go on sale next week
- "As long as the Jewish state maintains the upper hand—and has the will to survive—its existential enemies will be forced to comply"
Tag Archives: Iraq
Radical Islam: “The conflict former CIA Director James Woolsey once termed “the long war of the 21st century” remains precisely that”
THE HILL Nineteen years on, we face a resilient Islamist threat by Ilan Berman September 14, 2020 Last week marked the 19th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on New York and the Pentagon that ushered in what has come to … Continue reading
“Facing discrimination, poverty, and misery, Palestinians residing in Iraq have finally broken their silence in an attempt to draw the world’s attention to their predicament”
GATESTONE The Palestinians No One Tells You About by Khaled Abu Toameh June 19, 2020 …The Palestinians are accusing the Iraqis and the United Nations of taking a series of measures that have further aggravated the conditions of hundreds of … Continue reading
“The more successful Trump’s reality-based policies towards Iran and Israel are, the harder it will be for the foreign policy establishment to restore their delusion-based policies when he leaves power”
ISRAEL HAYOM (by agreement with JNS) Donald Trump and the mythmakers by Caroline Glick January 10, 2020 For the past 40-odd years, two narratives have guided American Middle East policy. Both were invented by the Carter administration. One relates to … Continue reading
TABLET MAG U.S. kills Qassem Suleimani by Tony Badran January 3, 2020 …Seemingly immune from US retaliation, Soleimani spent the Obama years strutting around Iraq and Syria like a peacock in 70’s style turtleneck sweaters and an array of tailored … Continue reading
“In much of the Middle East, and even in Iran, the military commander was feared, and his death has been greeted with elation”
THE ATLANTIC Qassem Soleimani Haunted the Arab World by Kim Ghattas January 3, 2020 …Yet in parts of the Middle East, the reaction was different. Soleimani, a man thought of as invincible and all-powerful in the region, was killed at … Continue reading
JNS Iran tries to change narrative in Iraq as US faces key decisions following airstrike escalation by Yaakov Lappin December 31, 2019 As events unfold rapidly in Iraq, one emerging trend is already clear: Iran is seeking to exploit events … Continue reading
“Inconveniently, Michael Doran has proven to be right on very big questions on which nearly everyone else in Washington turned out to be wrong”
TABLET MAG If Michael Doran were on Wall Street, he’d be a billionaire by Liel Leibovitz October 30, 2019 …While Americans fondly speak of “the Kurds,” Doran insisted, there was in fact no such unified entity: The Kurds in Iraq … Continue reading
“So it is war between Israel and Iran, prosecuted over the ruins of Iraq, Lebanon and Syria. But it won’t necessarily stay that way”
WALL STREET JOURNAL The Iran-Israel War Is Here by Jonathan Spyer Aug. 27, 2019 Israel and Iran are at war. Israeli strikes this week in southern Syria, western Iraq and eastern Lebanon—and possibly even Beirut—confirm it. This war is a … Continue reading
“I’d like to remind Arab countries that today you share more common interests with Israel than the terrorist militias”
WASHINGTON EXAMINER Former Miss Iraq faces loss of citizenship for defending Israel at the UN by Zachary Halaschak July 10, 2019 Sarah Idan, who represented Iraq in the 2017 Miss Universe competition, is facing calls for her citizenship to be … Continue reading
NATIONAL REVIEW ‘Trust No One, Document Everything’ by Jay Nordlinger June 21, 2018 Omar Mohammed is an historian and a “citizen journalist,” as some people say. He is an Iraqi from Mosul, a city that was occupied by the Islamic … Continue reading