Most Clicked This Week
- Push to defund police created what some have called the “Minneapolis Effect”
- On Tuesday, the seventh day of the Hebrew month of Cheshvan, Israel celebrated Aliyah Day
- "The Islamic Republic is advancing both the enrichment and weaponization tracks needed to build a bomb"
- "BDS has made life worse for Palestinian Arabs, the very people they falsely claim to help"
- "Many of us liberal Jews are not awake to the hatred of our colleagues, students, professors, and thought leaders"
- "Traditionalists chafe at the contemporary-art approach to Holocaust commemoration being employed at Babyn Yar, a site of mass shootings in World War II. But it has brought visitors for an anniversary"
- “The AP's report on the discovery of a First Temple era toilet omits Jewish references, while a NY Times Rosh Hashanah recipe evokes 'Canaanites,' not Israelites”
- Gilad Erdan blasts co-founders of ice cream maker over Axios interview. "Demanding from Israel what is demanded from no other country is the definition of antisemitism"
Tag Archives: Iraq
Unprecedented event in Erbil features Sunni and Shiite leaders and activists demanding that Baghdad join Abraham Accords; Lapid: Event in Iraq is a ‘source of hope and optimism’
TIMES OF ISRAEL Over 300 prominent Iraqis publicly call for full peace with Israel by Lazar Berman and Aaron Boxerman September 24, 2021 Hundreds of Iraqi leaders and activists gathered in the country’s Kurdistan region on Friday to publicly call … Continue reading
“Saddam Hussein’s love story with the Palestinians continued throughout the 1990s, but unhappy with Arafat’s peace with Israel, Saddam started sponsoring Hamas”
HUSSAIN ABDUL-HUSSAIN SUBSTACK Why Iraqis hate Palestine. And how the Iranian regime forces them to love it by Hussain Abdul-Hussain September 26, 2021 As the world watched the US Marines pull down Saddam Hussein’s statue in Baghdad, on April 9, … Continue reading
In 2017, Iraqi President Fuad Masum approved a law that stripped Palestinian refugees living in Iraq of their rights and classified them as foreigners
GATESTONE How Arabs Discriminate Against Palestinians by Khaled Abu Toameh March 19, 2021 The Palestinian Authority (PA) has invited Iraq to send observers to monitor the Palestinian parliamentary elections, if and when they are held on May 22. The invitation … Continue reading
Radical Islam: “The conflict former CIA Director James Woolsey once termed “the long war of the 21st century” remains precisely that”
THE HILL Nineteen years on, we face a resilient Islamist threat by Ilan Berman September 14, 2020 Last week marked the 19th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on New York and the Pentagon that ushered in what has come to … Continue reading
“Facing discrimination, poverty, and misery, Palestinians residing in Iraq have finally broken their silence in an attempt to draw the world’s attention to their predicament”
GATESTONE The Palestinians No One Tells You About by Khaled Abu Toameh June 19, 2020 …The Palestinians are accusing the Iraqis and the United Nations of taking a series of measures that have further aggravated the conditions of hundreds of … Continue reading
“The more successful Trump’s reality-based policies towards Iran and Israel are, the harder it will be for the foreign policy establishment to restore their delusion-based policies when he leaves power”
ISRAEL HAYOM (by agreement with JNS) Donald Trump and the mythmakers by Caroline Glick January 10, 2020 For the past 40-odd years, two narratives have guided American Middle East policy. Both were invented by the Carter administration. One relates to … Continue reading
TABLET MAG U.S. kills Qassem Suleimani by Tony Badran January 3, 2020 …Seemingly immune from US retaliation, Soleimani spent the Obama years strutting around Iraq and Syria like a peacock in 70’s style turtleneck sweaters and an array of tailored … Continue reading
“In much of the Middle East, and even in Iran, the military commander was feared, and his death has been greeted with elation”
THE ATLANTIC Qassem Soleimani Haunted the Arab World by Kim Ghattas January 3, 2020 …Yet in parts of the Middle East, the reaction was different. Soleimani, a man thought of as invincible and all-powerful in the region, was killed at … Continue reading
JNS Iran tries to change narrative in Iraq as US faces key decisions following airstrike escalation by Yaakov Lappin December 31, 2019 As events unfold rapidly in Iraq, one emerging trend is already clear: Iran is seeking to exploit events … Continue reading
“Inconveniently, Michael Doran has proven to be right on very big questions on which nearly everyone else in Washington turned out to be wrong”
TABLET MAG If Michael Doran were on Wall Street, he’d be a billionaire by Liel Leibovitz October 30, 2019 …While Americans fondly speak of “the Kurds,” Doran insisted, there was in fact no such unified entity: The Kurds in Iraq … Continue reading