Most Clicked This Week
- "Universities should be expected to provide the conditions within which hard thought, and therefore strong disagreement, independent judgment, and the questioning of stubborn assumptions, can flourish in an environment of the greatest freedom"
- “The once prosperous Greek city-state, Roman Empire, Renaissance republics, and European democracies of the 1930s imploded - as civilization went headlong in reverse. We in the modern Western world are now facing just such a crisis”
- EVENT StandWithUs Midwest Annual Gala Sunday November 6 !
- The Israeli-American alliance rests on traditional geopolitical considerations but also, as Walter Russell Mead’s new book shows, on much more than that
- “Suspect uploaded footage of beheading to social media; unclear how the victim ended up in the West Bank, with some claiming he was kidnapped”
- "Iranian feminism has stood the test of time; it hasn’t been corrupted. If only the same could be said for the West"
Tag Archives: Kurdistan
“The Kurdish people, including virtually every single kurdish group, are heavily pro-American in sentiment”
EMET ONLINE State Department Undermining Kurds, Our Long Time Allies by Adam Turner November 14, 2017 …The State Department seems to have two rules when it comes to territorial disputes in the Middle East: 1) Borders, however they were determined, … Continue reading
DAILY MAIL Netanyahu: world should take care of Kurds’ future by AFP October 24, 2017 Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday said Israel had “great sympathy” for Kurdish aspirations and that the world should concern itself with their wellbeing. Netanyahu … Continue reading
TABLET MAG The United States Serves Up Kurdistan to Iran on a Silver Platter by Bernard-Henri Lévy October 17, 2017 On Monday of this week, what had been feared transpired: Paramilitary units supported by elements of the Iraqi army attacked … Continue reading
“No spin can mask the stench of betrayal over Kurdistan emanating from the White House and the State Department”
ALGEMEINER US Jewish Leaders Express Support, Empathy for Kurds in Wake of Independence Vote by Ben Cohen September 29, 2017 Several American Jewish leaders and organizations have expressed their affinity with Kurdish aspirations following Monday’s independence referendum in the Kurdish … Continue reading
THE TOWER Kurds Wave Israeli Flag in Solidarity with Jewish State at Independence Rally in Germany by Staff August 28, 2017 At a rally in the German city of Cologne on Saturday, attended by some 20,000 Kurds from different parts … Continue reading
DAILY BEAST Why It’s Time for a Free Kurdistan by Aliza Marcus November 27, 2015 It’s time to stop debating whether or not the Kurds deserve an independent state. There are around 40 million Kurds across Turkey, Iraq, Iran, and … Continue reading
WORLD AFFAIRS JOURNAL by Michael J. Totten August 4, 2015 ….Turkey just can’t stand to see an autonomous Kurdish region take shape along its border in Northern Syria. It’s understandable up to a point. The Syrian Kurdish militias are aligned … Continue reading
More on our partners in peace. COMMENTARY by Michael Rubin July 13, 2015 Twenty-six years ago today, three Iranian officials met in Vienna apartment with three Kurdish officials to negotiate an end to a long-simmering conflict….The Iran-Iraq War… had been … Continue reading
COMMENTARY by Michael Rubin June 28, 2015 Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is no advocate of democracy, having once famously compared it to a street car: ‘You ride it as far as you need and then you step off.” But, … Continue reading