Most Clicked This Week
- "Universities should be expected to provide the conditions within which hard thought, and therefore strong disagreement, independent judgment, and the questioning of stubborn assumptions, can flourish in an environment of the greatest freedom"
- “The once prosperous Greek city-state, Roman Empire, Renaissance republics, and European democracies of the 1930s imploded - as civilization went headlong in reverse. We in the modern Western world are now facing just such a crisis”
- EVENT StandWithUs Midwest Annual Gala Sunday November 6 !
- The Israeli-American alliance rests on traditional geopolitical considerations but also, as Walter Russell Mead’s new book shows, on much more than that
- “Suspect uploaded footage of beheading to social media; unclear how the victim ended up in the West Bank, with some claiming he was kidnapped”
- "Iranian feminism has stood the test of time; it hasn’t been corrupted. If only the same could be said for the West"
Tag Archives: Bezalel Smotrich
The idea of applying financial pressure on the PA to end pay-to-slay was inspired by the horrific murder of a young American Army veteran in Tel Aviv and legislated by the U.S. Congress long before the law passed Israel’s Knesset
FDD Time For Palestinian Leaders to End “Pay-to-Slay” Terror Bounties Enia Krivine January 28, 2023 Earlier this month, Israel’s new finance minister Bezalel Smotrich withheld just under $40 million of tax revenue that Israel collected on behalf of the Palestinian Authority (PA). … Continue reading
I24NEWS Bills advance to enable ministries for Smotrich, Deri December 15, 2022 Bills to allow religious lawmakers Bezalel Smotrich and Aryeh Deri passed early Friday on their first readings in the Knesset, Israel’s parliament. The bills amend Israel’s Basic Laws, … Continue reading
“The prospect of not only a victory for Netanyahu and Likud, but the formation of a government with a prominent role for the Religious Zionist Party and one of its controversial leaders, Itamar Ben-Gvir, is enough to set the hair of Democrats and the foreign-policy establishment on fire’
ISRAEL HAYOM (by agreement with JNS) Biden shouldn’t try to ‘save’ Israeli democracy Jonathan S. Tobin November 3, 2022 …But the rise of Smotrich and Ben-Gvir is a natural consequence of the failure of the current government to adequately address … Continue reading