Most Clicked This Week
- Israeli company’s antiviral masks are headed to Hong Kong to combat deadly coronavirus
- "The rise of anti-Semitism in the U.S. exposes the distressing fact that the American Jewish community lacks both a unified leadership and a singular voice with which it can respond appropriately"
- NYC EVENT SAVE THE DATE. CAMERA Gala 2020 to feature Nikki Haley
- UK's new Labor leader "immediately apologizes to Jews for anti-Semitism in ranks, vows to ‘tear out this poison’; his wife comes from a Jewish family, has relatives in Tel Aviv"
- The NYC school is demanding Eden Roc return its money, citing a passage in the contract that provided the trip could be canceled in the event of a “disease outbreak”
- Zoom Seders: "In bold ruling, some Israeli religious authorities say use of technology permissible because it allows families to celebrate together during time of crisis"
- "The second truth the pandemic has shown us is that no matter how bad things are in Israel, the plight of our neighbors is immeasurably worse"
- Daniel Pearl's killers: "The re-arrest of the four gives the government time to put together a legal appeal against their acquittal"
Tag Archives: Auschwitz
“Asked to identify what Auschwitz is, 41 percent of respondents and 66 percent of millennials could not come up with a correct response identifying it as a concentration camp or extermination camp”
ALGEMEINER ‘I Wish I Could Say We Germans Have Understood the Holocaust,’ President Steinmeier Confesses in 75th Anniversary Commemoration Address by Staff January 29, 2020 Germany’s president confessed in a major speech on Wednesday that he was unconvinced his country … Continue reading
Auschwitz exhibition at NYC’s Museum of Jewish Heritage ”engaging and moving, though too often the Jewish victims seem to be afterthoughts”
WALL STREET JOURNAL An Auschwitz Exhibition Fails the Jews by Edward Rothstein May 11, 2019 …In the introductory section, Jews seem like afterthoughts, secondary to more fundamental political hatreds. Even in portraying the death machinery, descriptions are made as broad … Continue reading
“Poland’s ambassador to the UK says culture, history and science offer plenty of reasons for Jews to rediscover his country”
JEWISH CHRONICLE Why Auschwitz is not the only reason for Jews to visit my country by Arkady Rzegocki April 19, 2019 …It is difficult to imagine modern-day Poland without Jewish heritage, which is why when visiting Auschwitz and learning about … Continue reading
Former NBA player Ray Allen: “I didn’t go to Poland as black person, a white person, a Christian person or a Jewish person — I went as a human being” [VIDEO]
THE PLAYERS TRIBUNE Why I Went to Auschwitz by Ray Allen August 3, 2017 …I took that [Auschwitz] trip just a few months ago. It was my first time in Poland. I went there to learn more about something that had … Continue reading
‘Yolocaust’ Tourism: “Oblivious to the cameras, most visitors to the camps look aimless and bored. Some take smiling selfies at the ‘Arbeit Macht Frei’ gate” [VIDEOS]
TIMES OF ISRAEL ‘Holocaust tourism’ laid bare in eye-opening documentary by Gabe Friedman February 17, 2017 …Just what constitutes appropriate behavior at a Holocaust memorial site has been a hot topic recently. Last month, the Israeli-German writer and satirist Shahak … Continue reading