Most Clicked This Week
- “Ginsburg embodied a particular ambivalence in Jewish life that is found in no other faith community”
- A personal message from ArchitectGuy
- Synagogues are shortening the typically long Yom Kippur services to head off Zoom fatigue. Find your service here.
- Yom Kippur (the 10th day of the Jewish year) concludes 10 days of soul-searching, atonement and repentance– the holiest Jewish time - which begins on Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the Jewish year, commemorating the creation of the first human-being, Adam
- “At a time when Jews are supposed to look within and admit fault, too many of us are virtue signaling and delegitimizing our opponents. Can we stop?”
- Pro-Trump supporters discover that hate does in fact have a home here in Highland Park: "The hate, the foul language, the physical abuse of senior citizens was inexcusable."
- “The PLO era officially began at the White House on Sept. 13, 1993. It officially ended at the White House on Sept. 15, 2020. It is time for Israel, the US and the rest of the world to recognize this truth and act accordingly”
- “In this High Holiday season, when we want to make amends with others, Howes’ illuminating book is a valuable guide “to make things right”
Tag Archives: Birkenau
JNS Virtual Holocaust memorial plaques in thousands to be projected on Birkenau gates April 21, 2020 Although the 2020 March of the Living will not take place on Holocaust Memorial Day due to the coronavirus pandemic, an estimated 10,000 people … Continue reading
“My visit to Europe made one thing unmistakably clear: if there is any group in the world that needs a safe homeland — a sanctuary from bigotry and hatred — it is the Jewish people”
GATESTONE A Visit to the Old and New Hells of Europe Provides a Reminder of Israel’s Importance by Alan M. Dershowitz May 17, 2016 …There was not a moment during my visit to Europe that I was not reminded of … Continue reading