Most Clicked This Week
- A personal message from ArchitectGuy
- “Ginsburg embodied a particular ambivalence in Jewish life that is found in no other faith community”
- Synagogues are shortening the typically long Yom Kippur services to head off Zoom fatigue. Find your service here.
- Yom Kippur (the 10th day of the Jewish year) concludes 10 days of soul-searching, atonement and repentance– the holiest Jewish time - which begins on Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the Jewish year, commemorating the creation of the first human-being, Adam
- “At a time when Jews are supposed to look within and admit fault, too many of us are virtue signaling and delegitimizing our opponents. Can we stop?”
- Pro-Trump supporters discover that hate does in fact have a home here in Highland Park: "The hate, the foul language, the physical abuse of senior citizens was inexcusable."
- “The PLO era officially began at the White House on Sept. 13, 1993. It officially ended at the White House on Sept. 15, 2020. It is time for Israel, the US and the rest of the world to recognize this truth and act accordingly”
- “In this High Holiday season, when we want to make amends with others, Howes’ illuminating book is a valuable guide “to make things right”
Tag Archives: Cary Nelson
U of I Professor Nelson profiles Israel hate: “Postmodernism and post-colonialism, combined with antisemitism, have created fertile ground for extreme anti-Israel demonization on campus”
JERUSALEM POST ‘Israel Denial’ lays bare academic attempts to delegitimize Israel by Gerald M. Steinberg November 15, 2019 … The core consists of portraits of four individuals with no academic background in Middle East history, whose false declarations and irrational … Continue reading
THE NEWS-GAZETTE by Jim Dey October 26, 2014 University of Illinois Professor Cary Nelson doesn’t shy away from a fight. Some suggest he looks for them. If so, there he goes again. The 68-year-old professor emeritus, whose specialty is modern … Continue reading