Most Clicked This Week
- Philosopher Benedict Beckeld talks to Jonathan Kay about why so many intellectuals and young people loathe the culture of the West
- "To its credit, the ADL has been all over the problem of anti-Semitism on the far-right." On the left, not so much.
- #BDSFail Anti-Israel activists fail to convince ICC that Israel is guilty of "war crimes"
- Ellen DeGeneres Gives SodaStream as Earth Day Prize
- “The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” — William Golding, Lord of the Flies
- "With a week to go before general election, as Labour trails Johnson in polls but starts to close the gap, two surveys show Brits’ attitudes to Jews vis-à-vis their politics"
- "Forty years after the Islamic Revolution, substantial numbers of Iranians are finally rejecting the priorities of their masters"
- "Observers warn that while the Islamic State may have been "defeated" in the Middle East, it remains a potent danger to Europe"
Tag Archives: Kurdish
“Republican lawmakers have lined up to criticize Trump’s decision, warning that it will lead to the slaughter of #Kurdish allies”
WASHINGTON POST We fought ISIS side by side with the Americans. Now they’re leaving us to our fate. by Ilham Ahmed October 9, 2019 The organization I represent, the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), is the ally of the global coalition … Continue reading
“The Kurdish people, including virtually every single kurdish group, are heavily pro-American in sentiment”
EMET ONLINE State Department Undermining Kurds, Our Long Time Allies by Adam Turner November 14, 2017 …The State Department seems to have two rules when it comes to territorial disputes in the Middle East: 1) Borders, however they were determined, … Continue reading
FOREIGN POLICY by Mark Perry October 30, 2014 President Obama’s point man in the fight against the Islamic State faces a ruthless foe. But his detractors at home — even in the Pentagon — may be his biggest enemy. When … Continue reading
From a friend…..I was on a conference call last night with the Yazidi delegation…..It is urgent as 7,000 Yazidis on Mt. Sinjar are under ISIL seige and face death and slavery. They tell me it is a matter of hours, … Continue reading
FINANCIAL TIMES by Daniel Dombey in Ankara June 27, 2014 Turkey’s ruling party has signaled it is ready to accept an independent Kurdish state in what is now northern Iraq, marking a historic shift by one of the heavyweight powers … Continue reading
FORTUNE by Geoffrey Smith June 20, 2014 The age-old dream of a Kurdish state is on the verge of being realized as the authority of Iraq’s central government frays. The world may be focusing on the looming battle for Baghdad between … Continue reading