Most Clicked This Week
- Inconvenient Truths about Race and Slavery; Not to deny African-American history, but to contextualize
- EVENT Ember Foundation Virtual Guest Lecture Monday December 7
- "Iran’s State News Agency Claims Top Nuclear Scientist Assassinated by Remote-Controlled Killer Robot"
- Obama portrays Israel as the aggressive occupier that seeks conflict and not peace. By omission and/or comission, lying about Israel is lying about Jews. That is antisemitism.
- CAMERA had it right: PBS' Judy Woodruff Fails to Correct Ben Rhodes on 'Thousands of New Settlements'
- Left with virtual membership, congregants are asking why they have to pay their usual full amount of annual dues
- Decent people cheer the removal of an evil man. Obama acolytes lament it. Said differently, What part of "Death to America, Death to Israel" don't you understand?
- Meeting Anne Frank for the First Time
Tag Archives: Chicago
EYEWITNESS NEWS 7 CHICAGO Hungry Hound:Jeff & Jude’s brings pick-up Jewish deli to Chicago’s Northwest Side by Steve Dolinsky October 2, 2020 …It’s only open a few hours on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. But the few items on offer are … Continue reading
Chicago residents in affluent neighborhoods downtown, and on the North Side, “no longer feel safe in the city’s epicenter and are looking to move away”
CHICAGO TRIBUNE ‘I’ve never had to think about my own safety in this way before’: Shaken by summer looting in affluent neighborhoods, some Chicagoans are moving away. by Christen A. Johnson August 26, 2020 They understand why protesters and rioters … Continue reading
CITY JOURNAL When Authority Vanishes by John O. McGinnis August 14, 2020 Riding in trucks and U-Hauls, vandals came to downtown Chicago on Sunday. They jammed streets around the Magnificent Mile, home of the city’s most important shopping district. They … Continue reading
“Nothing says, “We protest racial injustice” like burning down the corner grocery or smashing windows to grab boxes of expensive Nikes”
REAL CLEAR POLITICS The Fiasco of ‘Go Ahead, Break Our Windows’ Policing by Charles Lipson August 13, 2020 After looters struck downtown Chicago on Sunday night, officials literally raised the bridges to prevent rioting hordes from roaming so easily. They … Continue reading
“These days, Axelrod is taking his nostalgia for Manny’s public, trying to drum up support and customers for an institution hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic”
FORWARD David Axelrod wants to save Manny’s Deli by Rebecca Gold August 6, 2020 …Across the country, more than 12,000 restaurants have permanently closed due to mounting costs, lack of revenue, and an uncertain future that has frightened off investors. … Continue reading
BREITBART John Kass Defies Chicago Tribune Cancel Culture: ‘I Will Not Apologize for Writing About Soros’ by Joel B. Pollak July 29, 2020 Columnist John Kass has defied “cancel culture” at the Chicago Tribune after members of the journalists’ union … Continue reading
ABC7 WLS EYEWITNESS NEWS Chicago’s iconic Manny’s Deli asks customers for support amid COVID-19 pandemic by Diane Pathieu July 15, 2020 Chicago’s iconic Manny’s Cafeteria and Delicatessen in South Loop is asking customers to help save its business due to … Continue reading
JERUSALEM POST United Airlines to launch Tel Aviv-Chicago route in September by Zachary Keyser July 7, 2020 United Airlines said this week it was further expanding its international schedule in September by adding new nonstop flights between Chicago and Tel … Continue reading
CHICAGO TRIBUNE The Standard Club, long the social nexus for Chicago’s Jewish leaders, is closing May 1 amid financial struggles by Robert Channick March 5, 2020 For more than 150 years, The Standard Club has been the social nexus for … Continue reading
In Chicago: Kosher Milt’s Barbecue sold to employees, “will continue charitable giving as a key part of the business model”
JTA Employees become owners at Chicago’s beloved kosher barbecue restaurant by Yvette Alt Miller January 21, 2020 A group of longtime employees is taking ownership of Milt’s Barbecue for the Perplexed, the popular kosher restaurant here that has been donating … Continue reading