Most Clicked This Week
- "Manfred Gerstenfeld was a Jewish renaissance man and a prodigious writer who leaves a rich legacy in many different realms. Born in Vienna in 1937, he and his family were forced to flee, and survived the Holocaust by hiding in a small apartment in Amsterdam"
- A haunting question threatened the psyches of many Black Americans after the civil rights era: What do I do with my life when the “deliverance quest” for which I was searching finally has been delivered by the republic of the United States?
- “Next month, Israelis will go to the polls to elect a new 120-seat Knesset. It will be Israel's fourth general election in just under two year”
- “The Iranians didn’t realize that Biden is not Obama, and that in the end they will miscalculate and get hit”
- "US President Joe Biden speaks to Saudi King Salman ahead of the release of the declassified US intelligence report on the killing and dismemberment of the US-based journalist"
- "Gantz says there is ‘likelihood’ Tehran behind explosion in Gulf"
- “Tel Aviv University archaeologists Miki Ben-Dor and Ran Barkai proffer novel hypothesis, showing how the greed of Homo erectus set us careening down an anomalous evolutionary path”
- "Ala Dakka, who plays Palestinian boxer Bashar in the hit show’s third season, grew up between Israel’s Jewish and Arab worlds"
Tag Archives: Turkey
“Amid multiple reports of covert overtures between nations, some analysts see Ankara as seeking to start off relations with new, less friendly US administration on the right foot”
TIMES OF ISRAEL After years of acrimony, Turkey’s Erdogan says he’d like better ties with Israel by TOI staff December 25, 2020 Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said he wished to improve ties with Israel, after long years of making … Continue reading
“Erdoğan needs epic stories of military might against real or fabricated foreign enemies to tell an increasing number of grudging voters in the face of an ailing economy”
GATESTONE Erdoğan Needs New Enemies by Burak Bekdil August 22, 2020 …Most recently, condemning the historic normalization deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Erdoğan said that “because we stand by Palestine,” he is considering withdrawing Turkey’s ambassador … Continue reading
GATESTONE INSTITUTE Turkey’s Brain Drain: Why Youths See No Future There by Burak Bekdil August 1, 2020 Turkey’s Islamist president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, once declared his political mission as “raising devout (Muslim) generations.” Research in recent years has shown that … Continue reading
“Tens of thousands of these migrants were given free bus rides from Istanbul to Turkey’s land borders with Bulgaria and Greece”
GATESTONE Europe Must Not Fall Victim to Erdoğan’s Blackmail by Burak Bekdil March 6, 2020 Turkey’s Islamist strongman, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, has threatened Europe several times with “sending millions of refugees your way.” Turkey would apparently like to see … Continue reading
“Israel’s two most formidable adversaries have both come up short in their quests for regional domination, and Israel is reaping the rewards of their losses”
ISRAEL HAYOM (by agreement with JNS) The massive – but reversible – defeats of Iran and Turkey by Caroline Glick February 21, 2020 Two weeks ago, Netanyahu held a previously unannounced meeting in Uganda with Sudanese President Abdel Fattah Abdelrahman … Continue reading
JEWISH PRESS ICC Again Rejects Petition to Probe Israel for War Crimes in 2010 Mavi Marmara Incident By Aryeh Savir December 3, 2019 The chief prosecutor at the International Criminal Court (ICC) has once again refused to launch an investigation … Continue reading
Trump’s “red carpet for Erdogan is unjustified until he ceases Turkey’s malign activities rather than covering them up”
FDD POLICY BRIEF Erdogan to visit White House after welcoming Iranian terrorist to Turkey by Toby Dershowitz November 12, 2019 President Donald Trump will host Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at the White House tomorrow; the timing of Erdogan’s visit … Continue reading
“Inconveniently, Michael Doran has proven to be right on very big questions on which nearly everyone else in Washington turned out to be wrong”
TABLET MAG If Michael Doran were on Wall Street, he’d be a billionaire by Liel Leibovitz October 30, 2019 …While Americans fondly speak of “the Kurds,” Doran insisted, there was in fact no such unified entity: The Kurds in Iraq … Continue reading
GATESTONE Why Hamas Supports Erdogan’s War by Khaled Abu Toameh October 22, 2019 Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated terror group ruling the Gaza Strip since 2007, is the only Palestinian party that has come out in support of Turkish President Recep … Continue reading
WASHINGTON TIMES How not to end endless wars by Clifford D. May October 16, 2019 Whatever might be said about Donald Trump, I always figured him for a savvy New Yorker who knew a good deal when he saw one. … Continue reading