Most Clicked This Week
- "Retreating and abandoning allies may not be the optimum strategy"
- University of Illinois presentation “'instead of fostering dialogue, incited division, distrust and anger"
- Why Child Support for Kidnapping Israelis Must be Widely Publicized. The 3 Finger Salute.
- Over vocal protest, Arab-Jewish wedding goes ahead
- Chicago's Rabbi Vernon Kurtz recently toured an advanced catheterization lab at Jerusalem's Hadassah Ein Kerem, unaware that weeks later he'd be their patient
- "Lenin always insisted on the most violent solutions"
- In the latest Siena College poll, only 4% of NY Jews support Bernie Sanders
- Actor Ben Kinsgley, one of Algemeiners "Top 100 People Influencing Jewish Life," honored at gala
Tag Archives: basketball
“New book by author David Goldstein explores some of the 800 black Americans who have come to play professional basketball in the Jewish state since the 1970s”
TIMES OF ISRAEL Alley-oop to the Holy Land: 40 years of African American hoopsters in Israel by Robert Sarner October 8, 2017 …In Alley-Oop to Aliyah: African American Hoopsters in the Holy Land [David Goldstein] presents the Jewish state from an … Continue reading
Ex-Knick Amar’e Stoudemire fasting this week for Yom Kippur: “I feel like I can be myself here in Israel. I don’t have to feel like an outcast because I want to live a holy life”
NEW YORK POST Ex-Knick Amar’e Stoudemire reveals his ‘holy life’ in Jerusalem by David Kaufman October 9, 2016 On a balmy Middle Eastern morning this past week, ace basketball forward Amar’e Stoudemire was busy doing what he does best. Towering over … Continue reading
ASSOCIATED PRESS By Aron Heller May 19, 2014 TEL AVIV, Israel — Maccabi Tel Aviv’s European basketball victory set off a national outpouring of joy in Israel on Monday that went far beyond the boundaries of sports. Even though the … Continue reading