Most Clicked This Week
- In case you missed this week's US Holocaust Memorial Museum annual Chicago event, view it here
- "History is in the making in Washington today, and not only for the Middle East. What we are witnessing is the construction of a bridge between the three monotheistic religions"
- "Until recently, it was unimaginable to see Arabs openly admitting that they had been mistaken in their belief that Israel was the enemy of the Muslims and Arabs"
- Council on Foreign Relations to host Iranian Foreign Minister "days after Iran tortured and executed popular Iranian wrestler Navid Afkari over his participation in a peaceful protest"
- Inconvenient Truths about Race and Slavery; Not to deny African-American history, but to contextualize
- #Trump "managed to jump historic, emotional and ideological hurdles that many, including this writer, believed could not be crossed in the foreseeable future"
- Shortly after explosion at Iranian nuclear enrichment facility—destroying 3/4 of the compound—“Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi hinted at Israeli involvement”
- How Trump used Putin to achieve his campaign promise of “no more endless wars”
Tag Archives: Deal of the Century
Netanyahu’s comments on annexation delays “come as speculation is high that the country could be heading to a fourth round of elections”
JERUSALEM POST Netanyahu: US has kept me from annexing West Bank settlements by Tovah Lazaroff August 11, 2020 Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has blamed the US for his failure to annex West Bank settlements. “It was clear from the start … Continue reading
ALGEMEINER Israel Should Apply Sovereignty — and Reject the Trump Peace Plan by Benjamin Anthony and David Benger July 1, 2020 Regardless of how far-reaching or limited, and immediate or gradual, the process may actually be, Israel should apply sovereignty … Continue reading
“There is no compelling moral, historical or political reason why annexation in whole or in part should be made contingent on agreeing to the creation of a Palestinian entity”
JERUSALEM POST Yes: annexation, No: Palestinian state by Michael Freund June 18, 2020 …As with many such debates, this has largely devolved into two competing camps. There are those who call for accepting Trump’s plan, saying that the extension of … Continue reading
“With the stars aligned, Israel needs to seize the moment, and its key lobby group in Washington, AIPAC, should encourage American lawmakers to do the same”
JNS Why AIPAC should endorse Trump’s plan and support Netanyahu’s sovereignty move by Ret. General Amir Avivi June 16, 2020 …As a retired general in the Israel Defense Forces–and the founder and CEO of “Habithonistim,” the “Protectors of Israel” organization—which … Continue reading
“With Pompeo’s statement, the U.S. reversed previous policy, declared its support for Israeli life in historic Judea and Samaria and tacitly backed the assertion of Israeli sovereignty at any time”
NEWSWEEK Trump is Better Than the Two-State Solution by Yishai Fleisher June 9, 2020 …With COVID-19 striking at the U.S. economy and riots breaking out in America’s cities, President Trump needs a win in Israel—not another headache. But the “Deal” … Continue reading
The Deal of the Century: “Far more voices—including most individual Arab and European states—have expressed cautious support”
MIDDLE EAST FORUM Democrats, Experts, and Peace Plans by Alex Joffe February 4, 2020 Cutting Gordian Knots is a signature of the Trump administration, and the long-rumored “Deal of the Century” is no exception. At its core, the plan explicitly … Continue reading
Trump’s Deal of the Century: Ambassador Dermer quipped, “They say that the key to peace is low expectations. So I think you are well underway.” The comment drew laughter from the crowd”
JEWISH INSIDER Dermer: Trump peace plan will take Israel’s ‘vital interests’ into account April 16, 2019 Israeli Ambassador Ron Dermer addressed the much-anticipated Trump Mideast peace plan in remarks at the White House pre-Passover reception on Tuesday. “I know a … Continue reading