Most Clicked This Week
- "Retreating and abandoning allies may not be the optimum strategy"
- University of Illinois presentation “'instead of fostering dialogue, incited division, distrust and anger"
- Why Child Support for Kidnapping Israelis Must be Widely Publicized. The 3 Finger Salute.
- Over vocal protest, Arab-Jewish wedding goes ahead
- Chicago's Rabbi Vernon Kurtz recently toured an advanced catheterization lab at Jerusalem's Hadassah Ein Kerem, unaware that weeks later he'd be their patient
- "Lenin always insisted on the most violent solutions"
- In the latest Siena College poll, only 4% of NY Jews support Bernie Sanders
- Actor Ben Kinsgley, one of Algemeiners "Top 100 People Influencing Jewish Life," honored at gala
Tag Archives: Yom Hazikaron
“With annual abrupt change of spirits, country celebrates its 71st anniversary with fireworks, concerts, parties and torch-lighting ceremony in Jerusalem”
TIMES OF ISRAEL Grief to jubilation: Israel transitions from Memorial to Independence Day by Michael Bachner May 8, 2019 Israel abruptly crossed over from grief to jubilation at nightfall Wednesday, as Memorial Day for the country’s fallen soldiers and terror … Continue reading
Yom Hazikaron Israel’s Memorial Day 2019 “Today, Israel stands united with the memory of the 23,741 fallen soldiers”
NAOMI RAGEN BLOG Scenes from Israel Remembrance Day, 2019 by Naomi Ragen May 8, 2019 …With haredim entering the IDF in ever greater numbers to fulfill their compulsory military service, things are changing. This year, for the first time, an … Continue reading
TOWER New Website Allows Users to Remember and Honor Israel’s Fallen by Staff April 17, 2018 In anticipation of Yom Hazikaron, Israel’s Memorial Day, which will be commemorated Tuesday night and Wednesday, two organizations…have established a website to allow users … Continue reading
Israel’s Independence Day “highlights the dramatic contrast between our status today and that of our powerless kinsmen facing doom on the eve of the Holocaust” [VIDEO]
JERUSALEM POST Celebrating Independence Day in a world of turmoil by Isi Leibler April 30, 2017 …Independence Day should be more than a holiday and barbecues. We should focus on the spiritual aspects and seek to convey to younger generations … Continue reading
“…Without you, my parents would have had no place to run to from the choke-hold of the Soviet Union. Without you, Jews of the world would never have shelter, and without you I would not be standing here today”
JERUSALEM POST ‘Zikaron’ by Yishai Fleisher May 10, 2016 …As the somber ceremony began, once again I eyed my surroundings, and saw families standing by graves all around me. Interspersed among them were other red berets, for only the Paratroopers … Continue reading
#YomHazikaron Israel prepares to commemorate the 23,477 soldiers and victims of terrorism who have fallen since 1860 [VIDEOS]
ISRAEL HAYOM On Memorial Day, an entire nation mourns its fallen by Lilach Shoval and Yori Yalon May 10, 2016 Every year, one siren — just a sound without words — stirs up so many feelings for so many people. … Continue reading