Most Clicked This Week
- "Let this be our official notice. We will exercise our right to defend ourselves if you try to attack us. We will use proportionate force that a reasonable person would use to defend their family"
- J Street says growing influence will allow it to 'retake the reins of America's foreign policy'"
- Detroit Jewish community has pre-ordered Israeli technology to address mass-shootings
- United Hatzalah video viewed 22.5 million times in one week: "I don’t think any Jewish non-profit organization has received this much exposure in such a short time before"
- Take back the quad to fight #BDS
- #LongIsland #Synagogue installing metal detector as well as double-door “mantrap” vestibule
- Lieberman resigns, last straw "apparently Netanyahu's decision to agree to latest Egyptian-brokered cease-fire with Hamas"
- "In order to reclaim those liberal and progressive causes, liberal American Jews must force a total rejection of the anti-Zionism and anti-Zionists within the political left"
Tag Archives: Intermarriage
“Non-Jews contemplating marriage to a Jew must be educated as to the beauty of Jewish tradition and why formal membership matters to the couple and to their future offspring”
JEWISH JOURNAL Why the aversion to conversion? by Roberta Rosenthal Kwall June 30. 2017 The discourse among Conservative, Reform and other progressive Jewish scholars and clergy has been dominated more than usual over the past few months by the theme … Continue reading
“Driving on Shabbat, eating out, gay marriage and more: For more than half a century, the Conservative movement has been…just a movement that can’t say no”
FORWARD The Conservative Movement Will Inevitably Cave On Intermarriage by Daniel Gordis June 21, 2017 …No less saddening, though, was the fact that glaringly missing from Schonfeld’s column is any mention of the next dramatic change that obviously lies just … Continue reading
“As a parent, as a rabbi, and as a shaper of Jewish community and identity, I unapologetically want young Jews to marry other Jews”
MOSAIC Why Conservative Rabbis Should Say “No” to Officiating at Intermarriages March 17, 2017 Performing a marriage between a Jew and a Gentile can result in a rabbi’s expulsion from the Conservative movement’s rabbinic organization, but the denomination’s clergy are … Continue reading
Current pro-Israel efforts among Jewish millennials will fail because they’re targeting the symptom rather than the syndrome
THE FEDERALIST How To Revive Jewish Support For Israel by Jonathan Bronitsky April 5, 2016 …Assimilation, broadly understood, is the obvious reason younger Jews aren’t as interested in Israel as their forebears. They weren’t around during the Holocaust and they … Continue reading
“Throughout Jewish history, Jewish continuity and survival have been rooted in Torat Yisrael, Eretz Yisrael and Am Yisrael”
JERUSALEM POST The tragic state of American Jewry by Caroline Glick March 14,2016 …Since the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, and with the rise of secularism in the US generally and among American Jewry in particular, Zionism … Continue reading
TIMES OF ISRAEL by Ben Sales June 5, 2015 Acknowledging climbing rates of intermarriage, subsidized trips ‘to see Israel in all its complexity’ only require one Jewish partner Jay and Mikelle sat next to each other on the bus as … Continue reading