Most Clicked This Week
- “I naively believed that STEM would be spared from the ideological takeover. I was wrong, says Princeton professor Sergiu Klainerman.
- “There are two times in my life the hair on my arms has stood up,” Dodgers general manager Al Campanis once recalled. “The first time I saw the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and the first time I saw Sandy Koufax throw a fastball”
- Bullets and Bagels: The Jewish shooting club
- "Gantz says there is ‘likelihood’ Tehran behind explosion in Gulf"
- "Judges say converts through non-Orthodox denominations in Israel must be considered Jews for citizenship purposes; chief rabbis fume"
- Inconvenient Truths about Race and Slavery; Not to deny African-American history, but to contextualize
- “As Secretary of State, Shultz was the friend and protector of Soviet Jews, and particularly the Jewish Refuseniks sentenced to monstrous, long terms in the gulag”
Tag Archives: Rosh Hashanah
Yom Kippur (the 10th day of the Jewish year) concludes 10 days of soul-searching, atonement and repentance– the holiest Jewish time – which begins on Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the Jewish year, commemorating the creation of the first human-being, Adam
THE ETTINGER REPORT Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) Guide for the Perplexed, 2020 by Yoram Ettinger September 23, 2020 …Asking forgiveness of fellow human-beings – and not only of God – is a major feature of Yom Kippur. From acrimony … Continue reading
“As the High Holidays approach in the midst of an ongoing pandemic, synagogues rethink their offerings”
TABLET MAG A New Year Like No Other by Paula Jacobs September 13, 2020 …Rosh Hashanah represents a time of hope and renewal. But in 5781, as the pandemic continues to surge with no apparent end in sight, clergy are under … Continue reading
TABLET MAG Rosh Hashanah Behind Bars by Yitzhak Bronstein September 5, 2018 I awoke to the now familiar smell of a hard green pillow, its fire-resistant plastic pressed against my face. Nearby my friend lay on his cot several inches … Continue reading
Shanah Tovah (שנה טובה), gefilte fish and sermons for 5778: “As for President Trump, most non-Orthodox Jews deem opposition to him tantamount to a religious commandment”
TOWN HALL What Will Your Rabbi Talk About This Week? by Dennis Prager September 19, 2017 …You would think that rabbis have a deep well from which to choose the subject of their sermons. And many do. But Jews from … Continue reading
#JewishVoiceForPeace (#JVP) releases their long-awaited “Rosh Hashana 5777 Table Blessing Ritual” complete with lies and distortions about #Israel
ALGEMEINER Rabbinic Official: ‘Disgraceful’ That Jewish Group Would Exploit High Holiday Liturgy to Spread Antisemitism, Anti-Israel Vitriol by Lea Speyer October 9, 2016 It is disgraceful that any group, especially a Jewish one, would use the liturgy of the high … Continue reading
TRUTH REVOLT 70% of European Jews Too Afraid to Go to Synagogue for High Holidays by TIffany Gabbay September 20, 2016 The most sacred holidays in Judaism — Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur — will be skipped this year by the majority of … Continue reading
On Erev Rosh Hashanah, an appropriate subject to consider. Shana Tova ! Speaking of which, I’m offline Monday and Tuesday for the New Year, returning to your inbox Wednesday morning. “The deepest question any of us can ask is: Who … Continue reading
ALGEMEINER by David Daoud September 8, 2015 A massive majority of Jews in Europe are fearful of publicly identifying as Jewish, leading to decreased participation in ceremonies and prayer services, a new survey of European Jewish communities revealed. According to details … Continue reading
COMMENTARY by John Podhoretz September 29, 2014 As Jews gathered last week to celebrate Rosh Hashanah, one major question haunting the American Jewish community was this: How would its rabbis handle the issue of the summer’s war and the response … Continue reading