Most Clicked This Week
- A personal message from ArchitectGuy
- “Ginsburg embodied a particular ambivalence in Jewish life that is found in no other faith community”
- Synagogues are shortening the typically long Yom Kippur services to head off Zoom fatigue. Find your service here.
- Yom Kippur (the 10th day of the Jewish year) concludes 10 days of soul-searching, atonement and repentance– the holiest Jewish time - which begins on Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the Jewish year, commemorating the creation of the first human-being, Adam
- “At a time when Jews are supposed to look within and admit fault, too many of us are virtue signaling and delegitimizing our opponents. Can we stop?”
- Pro-Trump supporters discover that hate does in fact have a home here in Highland Park: "The hate, the foul language, the physical abuse of senior citizens was inexcusable."
- “The PLO era officially began at the White House on Sept. 13, 1993. It officially ended at the White House on Sept. 15, 2020. It is time for Israel, the US and the rest of the world to recognize this truth and act accordingly”
- “In this High Holiday season, when we want to make amends with others, Howes’ illuminating book is a valuable guide “to make things right”
Tag Archives: Jonathan Sacks
Rabbi Sacks: “I’m afraid I have absolutely not the slightest shred of sympathy for anyone who, as a rabbi, tells people how to vote”
ARUTZ SHEVA US Jews making a ‘big, big mistake’ in politics by Rabbi Jonathan Sacks August 28, 2020 …Sacks made the comments in response to a question about Rabbi Shmuel Kamenetsky, an influential haredi Orthodox rabbi who recently said that … Continue reading
#AngryLeft: “What on earth is Jonathan Sacks, the erudite, polite, shy Englishman doing getting involved with the homophobic, extreme Christian” VP Mike Pence?
BREITBART Trump Derangement Syndrome as Leftists Target Britain’s Former Chief Rabbi, Jonathan Sacks by Caroline Glick January 30, 2018 …In the weeks before he came to Israel, Pence told his associates that he was determined to give the most pro-Israel … Continue reading
“In the Middle Ages, Jews were hated because of their religion. In the 19th and 20th centuries they were hated because of their race. Today they are hated because of their nation state, Israel. Anti-Zionism is the new anti-Semitism”
NEWSWEEK Anti-Zionism is the new anti-Semitism, says Britain’s ex-chief rabbi by Jonathan Sacks April 3, 2016 …Nor is this a problem in Europe alone. A 2015 survey of North American Jewish college students by Brandeis University found that three-quarters of … Continue reading
On Erev Rosh Hashanah, an appropriate subject to consider. Shana Tova ! Speaking of which, I’m offline Monday and Tuesday for the New Year, returning to your inbox Wednesday morning. “The deepest question any of us can ask is: Who … Continue reading
I applaud Shmuley’s call for more muscular pro-Israel activism in Europe, but can’t help but think Rabbi Shmuley is here in America while Rabbi Sacks is in Europe — a continent under siege by anti-Israel and anti-Semitic forces. So his … Continue reading