Most Clicked This Week
- “Ginsburg embodied a particular ambivalence in Jewish life that is found in no other faith community”
- A personal message from ArchitectGuy
- Synagogues are shortening the typically long Yom Kippur services to head off Zoom fatigue. Find your service here.
- Yom Kippur (the 10th day of the Jewish year) concludes 10 days of soul-searching, atonement and repentance– the holiest Jewish time - which begins on Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the Jewish year, commemorating the creation of the first human-being, Adam
- “At a time when Jews are supposed to look within and admit fault, too many of us are virtue signaling and delegitimizing our opponents. Can we stop?”
- Pro-Trump supporters discover that hate does in fact have a home here in Highland Park: "The hate, the foul language, the physical abuse of senior citizens was inexcusable."
- “The PLO era officially began at the White House on Sept. 13, 1993. It officially ended at the White House on Sept. 15, 2020. It is time for Israel, the US and the rest of the world to recognize this truth and act accordingly”
- “In this High Holiday season, when we want to make amends with others, Howes’ illuminating book is a valuable guide “to make things right”
Tag Archives: Beneath The Helmet
OBSERVER Jewish Woman Forced to Hide From Anti-Israel Activists at UC-Irvine by Shani Shahmoon May 19, 2016 An event hosted by a pro-Israel student group ended abruptly Wednesday night as police were called to protect attendees from an angry mob … Continue reading
The Chicago Community Presents Jerusalem U’s New Film: Beneath The Helmet From High School to the Home Front With Special Guests: Star of the film, First Lt. Eden Adler & Co-producer David Coleman CITY SCREENING Wednesday, February 18 @ 7:30 … Continue reading
The Chicago Festival of Israeli Cinema (CFIC) is an annual October film festival with several outreach events throughout the year. Its mission is to share a love and appreciation of Israeli culture with the Jewish community and the community at … Continue reading