Most Clicked This Week
- Among Klein’s “xenophobic and racist statements” were critical remarks about revered, untouchable figures on the left, including George Soros, Barack Obama, and Reps. Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar
- What many think, but few have the courage to speak: "I object to the view that I should be judged by the color of my skin. I cannot tolerate a school that not only judges my daughter by the color of her skin, but encourages and instructs her to prejudge others by theirs"
- Glick: Israel's transformation into the center of the Jewish world isn't just a question of demographics. Israel is the present of the Jewish people and its future, as well
- Professor Gil Troy: “Why I am a Zionist”
- Iran hopes to stoke fear that its “breakout timing” is shrinking and thereby increase pressure on the Biden administration to reenter the #IranDeal before time runs out
- Progressive Democrat takes to House floor with speech honoring Israel on its 73rd birthday
- "In heartfelt interview, Lucy Aharish describes barrage of criticism over her marriage to actor Tsahi Halevi, says their child will make his own decisions on Judaism"
- Israel’s mandate on mask wearing outdoors officially lifts on Sunday; masks must still be worn in public places indoors
Tag Archives: University of Chicago
“As a conservative Hispanic woman, I am accustomed to being in the minority opinion, especially on a liberal college campus”
THE CHICAGO MAROON I Am the IOP Whiteboard Girl by Evita Duffy March 6, 2020 Last week I was asked by the University of Chicago’s Institute of Politics (IOP) to participate in a digital initiative, called “I vote because…,” where … Continue reading
JNS University of Illinois rejects BDS resolution passed by student government February 13, 2020 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) rejected a BDS resolution passed by the student government in the early hours on Thursday morning. “Illinois Student Government … Continue reading
Freshman “to do” list: Learn how to be a good American, challenge your teachers, study a language, and tackle hard subjects.
WALL STREET JOURNAL Ten Things They Didn’t Tell You at Freshman Orientation by David Gelernter September 3, 2018 …10. Relax—you, your fellow students and your professors already agree about nearly everything: President Trump, taxes, environmental policy, military spending, federal regulation, … Continue reading
WASHINGTON TIMES University of Chicago faculty tell Obama to move ‘socially regressive’ library by Bradford Richardson January 9, 2017 More than 100 members of the University of Chicago faculty are asking the Obama Foundation to move the proposed library honoring the 44th president to … Continue reading
“The University of Chicago has always been usefully out of step with its peers in higher education…and takes perverse pride in its reputation as the place where fun goes to die”
NEW YORK TIMES America’s Best University President by Bret Stephens October 20, 2017 Several years ago Robert Zimmer was asked by an audience in China why the University of Chicago was associated with so many winners of the Nobel Prize … Continue reading
3 Chicago schools top the list of BDS activity: University of Chicago, University of Illinois and Northwestern University
ALGEMEINER Campus Trends Report: Chicago-Area Colleges ‘New Hub’ of Anti-Israel Activism” by Lea Speyer September 6, 2016 Anti-Israel activism on campus is undergoing a regional shift, with Chicago emerging as the “new hub,” and the West Coast on the wane, a new … Continue reading
REAL CLEAR POLITCS Social Justice Warriors Against Free Speech by Charles Lipson August 29, 2016 Well, that didn’t take long. The Social Justice Warriors have emerged from their safe spaces and begun attacking the University of Chicago’s statement supporting free speech … Continue reading
Going against the grain, University of Chicago dean-with-a-spine tells incoming freshmen “Brace yourself for hearing other points of view”
CHICAGO TRIBUNE U. of C. tells incoming freshmen it does not support ‘trigger warnings’ or ‘safe spaces’ by Leonor Vivanco and Dawn Rhodes August 25, 2016 …As colleges across the country wrestle with balancing academic freedom and open discourse with … Continue reading
ALGEMEINER ‘Vote Was About Denying Israel’s Right to Exist,’ Opponents Say After BDS Passes at U of Chicago by Andrew Pessin April 13, 2016 The student government at the University of Chicago (UC) passed a Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) … Continue reading