Most Clicked This Week
- Attn Mayor de Blasio and JFK Airport: "Airlines refusing to fly Israelis is more than just a stupid business decision – it’s illegal"
- Trump “doesn’t deserve criticism for wanting U.S. forces out of Syria — such promises paved his way to becoming president in the first place”
- On Melbourne game show, nerdy modern Orthodox Jew has all the answers
- Pompeo: "No one should interpret the withdrawal of US troops from Syria as a sign that America is no longer committed to its strategy to stop Iranian aggression and efforts to obtain a nuclear capability"
- Chicago's Rabbi Vernon Kurtz recently toured an advanced catheterization lab at Jerusalem's Hadassah Ein Kerem, unaware that weeks later he'd be their patient
- Meanwhile in Illinois: "As the value of their homes decline, and as property taxes keep increasing, devouring the equity in their homes, serfs (i.e. Illinois taxpayers) pay and pay for these public worker contracts"
- World Jewish Congress decision to honor German Chancellor Merkel with prestigious Theodor Herzl Award for Zionism "has sparked anger and bewilderment among Jewish leaders in US and Europe"
- EVENT Former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper to be honored at StandWithUs Chicago gala Sunday November 3, 2019
Tag Archives: Haredim
“Nachal Haredi, an army unit made up entirely of former yeshiva students, is growing and is a highly trained and successful combat unit”
MOMENT What Will It Take to Get the Haredim to Enlist? by Naomi Ragen November/December 2018 …Ever since the nascent State of Israel agreed in 1948 in return for Orthodox support not to draft 400 yeshiva students—a number that by … Continue reading
“Life in the IDF as a haredi soldier offers a different slate of trials and tribulations than the average recruit encounters”
JERUSALEM POST Haredim in the IDF get the small-screen treatment by Amy Spiro October 18, 2017 A group of angry ultra-Orthodox Jews surrounds a bus, yelling and throwing eggs on it. Aboard the bus? Haredi men who are signing up … Continue reading
“For those who are filled with fury…I agree with you about how disgusting it is that the haredim have wormed their way into power so that they can distort Jewish laws and control Jewish holy sites, making life miserable for the rest of us, including Orthodox Jewish women like myself”
ISRAPUNDIT A Good Relationship Gone Bad by Naomi Ragen July 5, 2017 …There was a time when American Jews not only put their pennies in their pushkas to help the struggling Jewish homeland. They put their lives on the line. … Continue reading
“This willingness to facilitate integration without assimilation is what enables most Israeli Arabs to feel “comfortable” in Israel” [VIDEO]
COMMENTARY Israel’s Internal Rapprochement by Evelyn Gordon May 4, 2017 Speaking at official ceremonies marking Israel’s Independence Day, both President Reuven Rivlin and Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein warned of the dangers of internal rifts in Israeli society. Yet, in fact, … Continue reading
ALGEMEINER by Edward Alexander June 22, 2015 Jews Against Themselves is about the new forms taken by Jewish apostasy in an age when Jewish existence is threatened more starkly and immediately than at any time since the Hitler era. I have not … Continue reading
TIMES OF ISRAEL by Abraham Rabinovich October 3, 2014 Veteran reporter Abraham Rabinovich’s new book ‘Jerusalem on Earth’ deals with the evolution of the city in the decades after the 1967 Six Day War. This exclusive excerpt tells the story … Continue reading