Most Clicked This Week
- "Their billionaire descendants, who control Krispy Kreme, Stumptown and other brands, are grappling with the exposure of an unspeakable secret"
- IDF lone soldier Michaela ‘Mika’ Levit was found dead outside her base last week, having left a note to her family describing recent ‘hardships’
- John Cusack: "I thought I was endorsing a pro Palestinian justice retweet"
- Newly-minted NYU PhD (and future Northwestern University professor) takes podium at NYU graduation to attack Israel
- US cadets visit Israel: "The reality of being so close to enemies who threaten the state on a daily basis was a shock"
- How can the Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival honor Ed Asner?
- Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman: A Hamas-Bashing, Ex-IDF Soldier and Former Miss Israel
- Iran Judo: We'll stop throwing matches with Israel
Tag Archives: Orthodox
WALL STREET JOURNAL The New Jewish-Christian Amity by Abigail Shrier September 7, 2018 …In 2000 most Jews—Orthodox included—still faithfully voted Democrat, preferring Gore-Lieberman to Bush-Cheney. But by Mr. Bush’s second term, the Orthodox communities had shifted rightward, partly because of … Continue reading
TIMES OF ISRAEL Why do Florida’s Orthodox Jews back Trump? Because they fear Clinton by Ben Sales August 30, 2016 …A recent poll shows that the Orthodox in Florida will be voting for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton by a … Continue reading
ISRAEL HAYOM Israeli Chief Rabbinate seeks to emulate role of the Vatican by Isi Leibler January 14, 2016 The tensions created by the ultra-Orthodox Chief Rabbinate within Israeli society have extended to the Diaspora and are now undermining relations with … Continue reading
ISRAEL HAYOM by Isi Leibler September 1, 2015 I rubbed my eyes in disbelief when I read that Sephardi Chief Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef has extended the ban on television and computers by decreeing that anyone using the “abomination” of smartphones … Continue reading
PEW RESEARCH CENTER August 26, 2015 A Further Analysis of the 2013 Survey of U.S. Jews American Jews tend to be more highly educated and politically liberal than the U.S. public as a whole, as well as less religiously observant, … Continue reading
TIMES OF ISRAEL by Staff July 11, 2015 At least two Israeli Orthodox rabbis have begun performing wedding ceremonies for Israeli Jews outside the official framework of Israel’s Chief Rabbinate, knowingly breaking the law, in an expression of opposition to … Continue reading
JTA by Ron Kampeas July 1, 20125 The name that keeps coming up when Orthodox Jewish groups consider the consequences of last week’s U.S. Supreme Court decision extending same-sex marriage rights to all states has little to do with Jews … Continue reading