Most Clicked This Week
- "Universities should be expected to provide the conditions within which hard thought, and therefore strong disagreement, independent judgment, and the questioning of stubborn assumptions, can flourish in an environment of the greatest freedom"
- “The once prosperous Greek city-state, Roman Empire, Renaissance republics, and European democracies of the 1930s imploded - as civilization went headlong in reverse. We in the modern Western world are now facing just such a crisis”
- EVENT StandWithUs Midwest Annual Gala Sunday November 6 !
- The Israeli-American alliance rests on traditional geopolitical considerations but also, as Walter Russell Mead’s new book shows, on much more than that
- “Suspect uploaded footage of beheading to social media; unclear how the victim ended up in the West Bank, with some claiming he was kidnapped”
- "Iranian feminism has stood the test of time; it hasn’t been corrupted. If only the same could be said for the West"
Tag Archives: Eugene Kontorovich
Legal expert Professor Eugene Kontorovich: “It’s time to reverse the power grab through which judges seized sweeping authority in the 1990’s”
BREITBART Kontorovich: Time to Reverse ‘Power Grab’ by Israeli Judiciary Deborah Brand January 16, 2023 Kontorovich, who is director of International Law at the Jerusalem-based Kohelet Policy Forum, which has advocated judicial reform in Israel for a decade, pointed to … Continue reading
“The US Embassy in Jerusalem already provides consular services to the Palestinians. Why do they need an independent consulate in the same city?”
ISRAEL HAYOM (by agreement with JNS) Why the US really wants a Palestinian consulate in J’lem by Prof. Eugene Kontorovich October 7, 2021 The Biden administration is trying to partially undo one of Israel’s greatest diplomatic achievements of recent decades … Continue reading
WALL STREET JOURNAL Almost Nothing You’ve Heard About Evictions in Jerusalem Is True by Avi Bell and Eugene Kontorovich May 14, 2021 3:10 pm ET Hamas never needs a special occasion to bombard Israel with rockets. Yet the progressive narrative … Continue reading
NEW YORK SUN Moroccan Envoy Marks Hanukkah With Israel by Benny Avni December 18, 2020 As the Moroccan ambassador to the United Nations, Omar Hilale, lit candles Thursday alongside his Israeli counterpart, Gilad Erdan, some in Washington tsk-tsk’d about the … Continue reading
“In San Remo, the League of Nations decided to turn much of the former Ottoman Empire into new nation-states: Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan all emerged from this process, along with Israel”
JERUSALEM POST 100 years since San Remo, when Israel became a sovereignty by Eugene Kontorovich April 30, 2020 The 1920 international conference in San Remo, Italy, is finally getting some of the attention it deserves. That conference created Mandatory Palestine … Continue reading
“United States has never joined the ICC and does not recognize its authority over American citizens, saying it poses a threat to national sovereignty”
MILITARY.COM ICC Judges Turn Down Request for Afghanistan War Crimes Probe by AFP April 13, 2019 Judges at the International Criminal Court Friday turned down a request to open a war crimes probe in Afghanistan, a week after Washington revoked … Continue reading
THE TOWER Congressional Committee Unanimously Passes Bipartisan Israel Anti-Boycott by Staff June 29, 2018 The influential House Foreign Affairs Committee unanimously passed the bipartisan Israel Anti-Boycott Act sending it to the full House of Representatives for a vote, The Jerusalem Post reported Thursday. The bill would … Continue reading
THE TOWER Legal Expert: Anti-Israel Boycott Act Targets Discrimination, Not Free Speech by Staff August 3, 2017 The Anti-Israel Boycott Act currently being debated in the Senate is an anti-discrimination legislation that does not restrict free speech, in contradiction to critics’ … Continue reading