Most Clicked This Week
- "Manfred Gerstenfeld was a Jewish renaissance man and a prodigious writer who leaves a rich legacy in many different realms. Born in Vienna in 1937, he and his family were forced to flee, and survived the Holocaust by hiding in a small apartment in Amsterdam"
- A haunting question threatened the psyches of many Black Americans after the civil rights era: What do I do with my life when the “deliverance quest” for which I was searching finally has been delivered by the republic of the United States?
- “Next month, Israelis will go to the polls to elect a new 120-seat Knesset. It will be Israel's fourth general election in just under two year”
- “The Iranians didn’t realize that Biden is not Obama, and that in the end they will miscalculate and get hit”
- “Tel Aviv University archaeologists Miki Ben-Dor and Ran Barkai proffer novel hypothesis, showing how the greed of Homo erectus set us careening down an anomalous evolutionary path”
- "US President Joe Biden speaks to Saudi King Salman ahead of the release of the declassified US intelligence report on the killing and dismemberment of the US-based journalist"
- "Gantz says there is ‘likelihood’ Tehran behind explosion in Gulf"
- "Ala Dakka, who plays Palestinian boxer Bashar in the hit show’s third season, grew up between Israel’s Jewish and Arab worlds"
Tag Archives: Tikkun Olam
“Hannukkah is not about “Tikkun Olam” – repairing the world, The miracle that we celebrate with Hanukkah was a military victory of the Hashmoneans (Maccabis) over the Greeks and Jewish Hellinizers, who wanted to end the Jewish religion”
LEGAL INSURRECTION Kamala Harris And Her Husband Wrongly Portray Hanukkah As A Social Justice Holiday by David Gerstman December 15, 2020 Last week, Sen. Kamala Harris and her husband, Douglas Emhoff, who is Jewish, released a saccharine video explaining why … Continue reading
“American Jews and their leaders, except for the Orthodox, have distanced themselves from their Jewish identity”
JNS The devastating impact of American non-Jewish Jews Isi Leibler October 11, 2018 There is no disputing that, except for the vast majority of Orthodox Jews, American Jews and their leaders have distanced themselves from their Jewish identity…Many express their … Continue reading
Contrary to what you’ve been told Tikkun Olam “isn’t the province of man at all; it is instead the work of G-d”
MOSAIC How American Jews Came to Believe That Tikkun Olam Was at the Core of Their Tradition Michael Weingrad August 1, 2018 …Tikkun olam is often translated as “repairing [or healing] the world.” For American Jews it refers more particularly … Continue reading
“Lambasting progressive Jewry as inauthentic at best, Jonathan Neumann writes that ‘American Judaism is broken because the Jewish Left broke it’”
TIMES OF ISRAEL An author predicts Diaspora Jewry’s death, at the hands of Tikkun Olam liberals by Matt Lebovic July 13, 2018 Liberal Jews in the United States have “distorted” Jewish teachings to align with a narrow political agenda, according … Continue reading
FREE BEACON Stealing Judaism: Richard H. Schwartz, ‘Who Stole My Religion?: Revitalizing Judaism and Applying Jewish Values to Help Heal Our Imperiled Planet’ by David Isaac November 12, 2016 …Tikkun olam is an idea that first surfaced in the second … Continue reading
NATIONAL REVIEW by Mona Charen July 31, 2015 Seven Jewish Lawmakers Could Tilt the Scales on Iran Deal,” headlines the Times of Israel. The members — Senator Charles Schumer, Representative Steve Israel, Representative Eliot Engel, Representative Adam Schiff, Representative Nita … Continue reading