Most Clicked This Week
- Chicagoans Bill and Tom Silverstein donate Exodus flag to US Holocaust Memorial Museum
- “The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” — William Golding, Lord of the Flies
- EVENT EMET Rays of Light Dinner, Washington DC
- "Lauder has it backwards. It is his generation’s decision to dilute our religion, our culture, and our connection to our homeland, that has led to a generation of full of apathetic and disconnected Jews"
- Future Palestinian-American congresswoman Tlaib supports Palestinian "right of return" and "will 'absolutely' vote against aid to Israel"
- What do KIND Bars have to do with Prime Minister Netanyahu ?
Tag Archives: Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago
FORWARD The Man Who Ran Chicago’s Jewish Community For Almost 40 Years Is Stepping Down by Ben Sales June 11, 2018 Steven Nasatir, the longtime CEO of Chicago’s Jewish federation, will be moving into another role next year after four … Continue reading
Jay Tcath, Executive Vice President, Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Chicago, forwarded this posting to me in response to my Times of Israel posting on how federations invest their funds: A few recent Jewish media stories have critically reported on the … Continue reading
Why are Jewish donor dollars going through a Jewish organization to fund a program honoring “great humanitarian” Rachel Corrie?
JEWISH PRESS Why Are American Jews Funding a Rachel Corrie Memorial Program? by Lori Lowenthal Marcus February 25, 2016 Never put it past Jews in the Diaspora to shoot themselves (or at least their own people) in the foot, or … Continue reading
THE FORWARD by Tuvia Tenenbom August 25, 2015 The Jewish Community Relations Council of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago is holding a special meeting today to discuss the Chicago Jewish community’s response to the Iran deal. The Jewish … Continue reading
JTA by Ron Kampeas August 15, 2015 Chicago’s influential Jewish federation has come out against the Iran deal. After a three-hour discussion by the board of directors, “a majority opinion emerged and was adopted: to call on Congress to oppose … Continue reading
Below the JUF response to yesterday’s reposting of a NYT article Clintons Report Earnings of $139 Million in Seven Years, the locally relevant sentences being “She [Hillary] topped out at $400,000 for a speech to the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago. … Continue reading
JUF NEWS by Richard D. Zelin December 9, 2014 On the Front Lines in a Changing Jewish World. Michael C. Kotzin [Former Exec VP JUF]. Chicago: JUF Press, 2014……The second troubling development concerns the rise of the “new anti-Semitism,” with … Continue reading