Most Clicked This Week
- EVENT #StandWithUs Chicago 7th Annual Campus Champion Gala Sunday November 4
- EVENT: CAMERA in Chicago
- Flynn’s Last Interview: Iconoclast Departs DIA With A Warning
- The Chicago leaders of The New Israel Fund: A friendly-sounding Jewish organization that is ultimately a major force behind #BDS
- Son of Democrat Congressman Mel Levine: "Coming out as Republican worse than coming out gay"
- Today's Fun Fact: Iran's leaders call for America's destruction but they send their kids here to study and work
- "In a particularly obnoxious move, Tufts’ Students for Justice in Palestine chapter engineered the vote to occur just before Passover, thus blindsiding many Jewish defenders of Israel who had already headed home for the holiday"
- AIPAC and J Street conferences "reflect starkly different interpretations of this moment in the US-Israel relationship" [VIDEO]
Tag Archives: Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago
FORWARD The Man Who Ran Chicago’s Jewish Community For Almost 40 Years Is Stepping Down by Ben Sales June 11, 2018 Steven Nasatir, the longtime CEO of Chicago’s Jewish federation, will be moving into another role next year after four … Continue reading
Jay Tcath, Executive Vice President, Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Chicago, forwarded this posting to me in response to my Times of Israel posting on how federations invest their funds: A few recent Jewish media stories have critically reported on the … Continue reading
Why are Jewish donor dollars going through a Jewish organization to fund a program honoring “great humanitarian” Rachel Corrie?
JEWISH PRESS Why Are American Jews Funding a Rachel Corrie Memorial Program? by Lori Lowenthal Marcus February 25, 2016 Never put it past Jews in the Diaspora to shoot themselves (or at least their own people) in the foot, or … Continue reading
THE FORWARD by Tuvia Tenenbom August 25, 2015 The Jewish Community Relations Council of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago is holding a special meeting today to discuss the Chicago Jewish community’s response to the Iran deal. The Jewish … Continue reading
JTA by Ron Kampeas August 15, 2015 Chicago’s influential Jewish federation has come out against the Iran deal. After a three-hour discussion by the board of directors, “a majority opinion emerged and was adopted: to call on Congress to oppose … Continue reading
Below the JUF response to yesterday’s reposting of a NYT article Clintons Report Earnings of $139 Million in Seven Years, the locally relevant sentences being “She [Hillary] topped out at $400,000 for a speech to the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago. … Continue reading
JUF NEWS by Richard D. Zelin December 9, 2014 On the Front Lines in a Changing Jewish World. Michael C. Kotzin [Former Exec VP JUF]. Chicago: JUF Press, 2014……The second troubling development concerns the rise of the “new anti-Semitism,” with … Continue reading