Most Clicked This Week
- Attn Mayor de Blasio and JFK Airport: "Airlines refusing to fly Israelis is more than just a stupid business decision – it’s illegal"
- Trump “doesn’t deserve criticism for wanting U.S. forces out of Syria — such promises paved his way to becoming president in the first place”
- On Melbourne game show, nerdy modern Orthodox Jew has all the answers
- Pompeo: "No one should interpret the withdrawal of US troops from Syria as a sign that America is no longer committed to its strategy to stop Iranian aggression and efforts to obtain a nuclear capability"
- Chicago's Rabbi Vernon Kurtz recently toured an advanced catheterization lab at Jerusalem's Hadassah Ein Kerem, unaware that weeks later he'd be their patient
- Meanwhile in Illinois: "As the value of their homes decline, and as property taxes keep increasing, devouring the equity in their homes, serfs (i.e. Illinois taxpayers) pay and pay for these public worker contracts"
- World Jewish Congress decision to honor German Chancellor Merkel with prestigious Theodor Herzl Award for Zionism "has sparked anger and bewilderment among Jewish leaders in US and Europe"
- EVENT Former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper to be honored at StandWithUs Chicago gala Sunday November 3, 2019
Tag Archives: Rick Jacobs
“Sharpton refers to himself as a “reverend,” but he never attended any seminary. He has attended a different cloistered institution: prison”
JNS Reform Jews and Al Sharpton: Strange bedfellows by Chris Robbins February 12, 2019 The Religious Action Center of the U.S.-based Union for Reform Judaism has announced that its upcoming “Consultation on Conscience” leadership event will include a controversial community … Continue reading
JEWISH PRESS Birthright Drops Reform Program, Claims Kids Prefer Orthodox Tours by JNi.Media November 27, 2017 The Reform movement is no longer certified as a trip provider for Birthright, according to a Judy Maltz report in Haaretz Sunday (How Orthodox … Continue reading
Jewish leftists “whose utter despair at last month’s election results knows no bounds” oppose Conference of Presidents gathering at Trump Hotel
ALGEMEINER How the Grinch Stole Hanukkah by Ruthie Blum December 9, 2016 A Hanukkah party co-hosted by the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations and the Embassy of Azerbaijan next Wednesday is causing a stir among left-wing Jews. … Continue reading
Lappin: “As a Reform Jew who has devoted a great deal of time and financial resources to the goal of enhancing Jewish continuity, I now affirm these truths: Diaspora Jews need Israel…and Israel’s Arab neighbors need Israel”
JEWISH JOURNAL The reformation of a Reform Jew by Andrew D. Lappin July 13, 2016 …Fortunately, outside of the URJ and the European Union, the rush of the previous decade to a hastily jury-rigged two-state solution has all but fully … Continue reading
“Only about 3% of Israeli Jews identify with the Reform movement, and most of those are English-speaking immigrants. The ‘non-observant Orthodox’ aren’t rushing to join them, either”
ABU YEHUDA What’s the problem with Reform Judaism? by Vic Rosenthal July 8, 2016 …Just as very few Israelis are attracted to Reform Judaism, very few agree with the political point of view that the URJ [Union for Reform Judaism] … Continue reading
Have criticisms of Israel by Reform leaders and rabbis contributed to a distancing from – and even, in some instances, a hostility toward – Israel among some Reform Jews?
JERUSALEM POST A promise that should be kept by Jonathan Greenberg April 25, 2016 …When Rabbi Rick Jacobs, the current head of the Union for Reform Judaism, was appointed to his post in 2011, much was made of his leftwing … Continue reading
“The Reform movement is in precipitous decline. Besides having merely 1.7 children per family, 60% of recent marriages have been with non-Jews. Only one of every five intermarried parents raises children as Jewish”
ARUTZ SHEVA A declining Reform Movement wants to Reform Israel by Rabbi Yaakov Menken March 22, 2016 …A mere 3 percent of Israeli Jews identify with the [Reform] movement, and even fewer attend one of the only 42 Reform congregations in the … Continue reading