Most Clicked This Week
- "Zahra Haider continues to spread her one-sided, hateful, and dangerous views far and wide thanks to her position at 'NowThis'"
- "Democratic senators submit an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act, suggesting that none of the $3.8 billion in military aid to Israel would be used for advancing unilateral West Bank annexation"
- “Most radical leftists believe this noxious legacy foretells our future and will continue unabated unless American politics is fundamentally overturned”
- #antisemitism: #Farrakhan goes on a rant about #Dershowitz
- Inconvenient Truths about Race and Slavery; Not to deny African-American history, but to contextualize
- "It seems reasonable to ask if a family that allows its children to attend UMASS Amherst is guilty of parental malpractice"
- Jenna Jameson, a Jewish convert now married to Israeli, stands up for #Israel
- On our campuses: CUNY pro-Israel Jewish student terrorized before fleeing law school: she’s told to “shut the f*ck up”
Tag Archives: Michael Madigan
CHICAGO TRIBUNE After Gov. Pritzker, Boss Madigan budget, let’s change state slogan: Illinois-Shut Up and Take It. by John Kass June 7, 2019 …Illinois’ new state slogan should be: Just shut up and take it…Especially now that Gov. Big Boy … Continue reading
Illinois’ Democratic-controlled legislature has left state “more than $7 billion in unpaid bills and a sense among the state’s residents and creditors that Illinois might not be governable anymore”
POLITICO The Worst Job in American Politics by Theodoric Meyer October 05, 2018 …Illinois — the sixth-biggest state, by population — has seen its credit rating cut to near-junk status in the decade since the financial crisis. Its bonds are … Continue reading
WASHINGTON EXAMINER Why Illinois lost more residents than any other state in 2016 by Eric Peterson January 13, 2017 …But last year, Illinois lost more residents than any other state: an astounding 37,508 people. It was one of only eight … Continue reading
“Illinois voters not only gave Hillary Clinton a 16-percentage-point margin, they also dispensed with Republican incumbents Leslie Munger, the state comptroller; U.S. senator Mark Kirk; and Rep. Bob Dold, who represents the swing district on Chicago’s north shore.” [VIDEO]
WEEKLY STANDARD The Democratic Machine Still Churns in Illinois by Dennis Byrne November 22, 2016 While half of American voters have stomped through the Garden of Progressive Delights, Illinois is ever more shackled by insider deal-making, special interests of the … Continue reading
“Illinois House Speaker Mike Madigan’s grip on the state’s legislative process once delayed the Cubs’ quest for lights at Wrigley Field – and 30 years later, the Cubs are still feuding with politicians” [VIDEO]
ILLINOIS POLICY INSTITUTE How Madigan Left the Cubs in the Dark by Joe Kaiser October 21, 2016 The Chicago Cubs will have two chances to clinch their first National League pennant since 1945. If they win a fourth game against … Continue reading
Illinois’s arrogant politicians have mortgaged our future: “Not only did the public officials spend other people’s money, they spent money that didn’t exist. To cover their tracks, they borrowed vast sums and knowingly underfunded the very pensions they had sweetened”
CHICAGO TRIBUNE How Illinois politicians consciously created these debt and pension crises Editorial Board August 26, 2016 …The first revelation explains, in a way we’ve not seen before, how methodically Illinois officials dumped so much debt and unfunded pension obligation … Continue reading
“Michael Madigan has all but ruled Illinois with an iron fist since becoming speaker of the Illinois House in 1983. Virtually every bad decision since happened with his approval. Some people now dub the state Madiganistan”
INVESTOR’S BUSINESS DAILY Illinois Is The Sick Man Of America; Will Bruce Rauner Save It? by Aaron M. Renn January 4, 2016 Illinois is America’s biggest basket case: Over $150 billion in unfunded retirement liabilities. The worst overall fiscal condition … Continue reading
CHICAGO TRIBUNE How Illinois Democrats hoodwinked the middle class by Kristen McQueary October 22, 2015 …Under a Democrat-controlled state government between 2003 and 2015, the state’s unfunded pension liability skyrocketed to more than $111 billion from about $43 billion. Through a … Continue reading