Most Clicked This Week
- Gérard Araud, former ambassador to Israel, dismissive of Trump plan, calls West Bank “an apartheid state”
- #BDSFail Israel gives Omar Shakir until May 1 to leave, noting "the appellant continues to call publicly for a boycott of Israel, or parts of it, while at the same time asking [Israel] to open its doors to him"
- As Notre Dame burns...."church doors across Europe smeared with Islamic expressions like 'Allahu Akbar'"
- Israel’s election: “The two Jewish parties that dared to talk openly about peace with the Palestinians captured just 10 seats in the 120-seat parliament”
- Arson fire set at Torat Chaim yeshiva in eastern Moscow as 60 people gather there for Passover Seder
- Beresheet human error "led to the failure of the nearly $100 million lunar mission"
- US publishes first map showing Golan as Israeli territory
- UNC and Duke jointly sponsor Jew hatefest underwritten with federal funds
Tag Archives: Birthright
Not Birthright: “Those who go on the J Street tour will probably be a self-selected group who are already radicalized”
JNS Its planned Israel trip explains why J Street is losing the fight with the far-left by Jonathan Tobin March 15, 2019 The announcement from the J Street lobby that it plans to sponsor a free trip this summer for … Continue reading
“Among the most powerful ingredients of a Birthright experience is the six to eight young Israelis, including Israel Defense Forces’ soldiers, who come along on every trip”
JNS Relevant, responsive, ready: Birthright at 19, still growing strong by Deborah Fineblum February 22, 2019 For Birthright Israel, 2018 was nothing short of a banner year—a year that accomplished something organizers could only have dreamed of back in 1999. … Continue reading
ELDER OF ZIYON How immoral do you have to be to lie about Birthright? January 29, 2019 In the Jewish Journal/Sun Sentinel of Florida, Rabbi Bruce Warshal writes a quite false op-ed about Birthright…”Two hours later, I stood on a … Continue reading
“AIPAC only has fig-leaf tours of the heartland, and of the hundreds of speakers at their yearly Policy Conference, there are few representatives from Judea and Samaria, and fewer sessions dealing with the topic of the “settlements.”
FORWARD Angry That Airbnb Is Boycotting The Settlements? So Is Birthright by Yishai Fleisher December 3, 2018 …For all our righteous indignation at how Airbnb is treating Jewish homeowners in Judea and Samaria, Jewish organizations have been de-listing and de-platforming … Continue reading
#BDS is “targeting the most politically liberal wing of American Judaism, which already feels slighted over its treatment by Israeli rabbinate and government”
ALGEMEINER BDS Advocates Try to Split the Jewish Community From Israel by Alexander Joffe August 1, 2018 …Despite the recent incidents, Birthright officials have announced that they will not vet applicants. This decision also demonstrates the impossible dilemmas that BDS creates … Continue reading
Birthright “As a trickle of activists leave the free rite of passage to protest a ‘one-sided’ narrative, others say their trips were marked by a 360-degree look at contentious issues”
TIMES OF ISRAEL Sometimes Birthright trips do address the ‘occupation.’ But is sometimes enough? by Cathryn J. Prince July 24, 2018 …”They talk about the conflict but they also want you to fall in love with Israel, maybe to move … Continue reading
Yishai Fleisher: “Twice this summer, a number of students have filmed themselves walking off their Birthright trips”
FORWARD I’m A Settler Who Defends The Birthright Walkouts by Yishai Fleisher July 19, 2018 …But while many believe that IfNotNow’s left-wing walkouts of Birthright trips may be nothing more than a rude publicity stunt, there is something just and accurate … Continue reading