Most Clicked This Week
- Inconvenient Truths about Race and Slavery; Not to deny African-American history, but to contextualize
- EVENT Ember Foundation Virtual Guest Lecture Monday December 7
- "Iran’s State News Agency Claims Top Nuclear Scientist Assassinated by Remote-Controlled Killer Robot"
- Obama portrays Israel as the aggressive occupier that seeks conflict and not peace. By omission and/or comission, lying about Israel is lying about Jews. That is antisemitism.
- CAMERA had it right: PBS' Judy Woodruff Fails to Correct Ben Rhodes on 'Thousands of New Settlements'
- Left with virtual membership, congregants are asking why they have to pay their usual full amount of annual dues
- Antibacterial alternative to the N95 surgical masks now available online from Israel: "Sonovia’s reusable cotton-poly SonoMask are infused with metal-oxide nanoparticles that kill germs and last through 100 washings"
- Meeting Anne Frank for the First Time
Tag Archives: University of Illinois
“The Illinois and Columbia student governments seem to have decided that Israel is an “oppressor” and the Palestinian government is “oppressed,” therefore, as per the prevailing “logic,” support for Black lives in America demands opposition to Israel”
FORWARD BDS resolutions on campuses represent dangerous ‘intersectionality’ by Daniel Pomerantz October 15, 2020 Over the past few weeks, in moves that were in equal measures galling, ill-timed and stunningly decontextualized, students at two prominent American universities — including my … Continue reading
ALGEMEINER Jewish Students at University of Illinois Decry Passage of Anti-Israel Divestment Resolution During High Holidays by Benjamin Kerstein September 24, 2020 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s student government on Wednesday night voted in favor of a pro-BDS resolution … Continue reading
JNS University of Illinois rejects BDS resolution passed by student government February 13, 2020 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) rejected a BDS resolution passed by the student government in the early hours on Thursday morning. “Illinois Student Government … Continue reading
ALGEMEINER University of Illinois Student Leader Hailed for ‘Courageous’ Stand With Jewish Community in Fight Against Anti-Israel Resolution by Caleb Galaraga October 31, 2019 As tensions soared Wednesday night during a student government meeting at the University of Illinois at … Continue reading
University of Illinois presentation “’instead of fostering dialogue, incited division, distrust and anger”
JEWISH JOURNAL University of Illinois Chancellor Condemns ‘Anti-Semitic Content’ in Housing Staff Meeting Presentation by Aaron Bandler October 14, 2019 University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) Chancellor Robert Jones condemned the “anti-Semitic content” featured in a presentation during a Sept. 25 … Continue reading
JNS.ORG BDS gets handed a devastating defeat at the University of Illinois by Paul Miller March 15, 2018 By a nearly 2-1 margin, students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign voted “no” to a proposed anti-Israel referendum calling for … Continue reading
At University of Illinois, “Students advocate violence as the “only option” against Zionists and other “fascists”
FRONT PAGE MAG A Smash Zionists Rally at the U of Illinois by Matthew Vaddum September 8, 2017 The radical Students for Justice in Palestine organized a “Smash Fascism” rally this week at the University of Illinois to attack Zionism … Continue reading
STANDWITHUS BLOG StandWithUs Congratulates UIUC Students for Defeating Divestment Referendum March 10, 2016 StandWithUs congratulates students at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) for defeating a discriminatory referendum calling for divestment from companies doing business with Israel. The proposal was … Continue reading
#BDSFail: UIC Coalition for Peace convinces student government to not single out Israel for condemnation
ALGEMEINER New Anti-BDS Strategy Scores First Victory On Illinois Campus; Prevents Singling Out of Israel in Divestment Resolution by Andrew Pessin February 18, 2016 Pro-Israel students at the University of Illinois-Chicago (UIC) expressed relief on Tuesday that their effort to … Continue reading
CAMPUS WATCH Steven Salaita’s Anti-Israel ‘Martyrdom’ Nets Him $600k, Fees by Cinnamon Stillwell November 13, 2015 A settlement between the University of Illinois (UI) and former Virginia Tech University professor Steven Salaita was approved by UI’s Board of Trustees Thursday. … Continue reading