Most Clicked This Week
- "Manfred Gerstenfeld was a Jewish renaissance man and a prodigious writer who leaves a rich legacy in many different realms. Born in Vienna in 1937, he and his family were forced to flee, and survived the Holocaust by hiding in a small apartment in Amsterdam"
- A haunting question threatened the psyches of many Black Americans after the civil rights era: What do I do with my life when the “deliverance quest” for which I was searching finally has been delivered by the republic of the United States?
- “Next month, Israelis will go to the polls to elect a new 120-seat Knesset. It will be Israel's fourth general election in just under two year”
- "Gantz says there is ‘likelihood’ Tehran behind explosion in Gulf"
- “The Iranians didn’t realize that Biden is not Obama, and that in the end they will miscalculate and get hit”
- “Tel Aviv University archaeologists Miki Ben-Dor and Ran Barkai proffer novel hypothesis, showing how the greed of Homo erectus set us careening down an anomalous evolutionary path”
- "US President Joe Biden speaks to Saudi King Salman ahead of the release of the declassified US intelligence report on the killing and dismemberment of the US-based journalist"
- "Ala Dakka, who plays Palestinian boxer Bashar in the hit show’s third season, grew up between Israel’s Jewish and Arab worlds"
Tag Archives: El Al
“Last week, the US Department of Transportation officially complained to its Israeli counterpart after only El Al was granted an exception to continue flying into Israel despite the border closure, Israeli government sources confirmed”
JERUSALEM POST US threatens to ban Israeli planes landing in America – report by Lahav Harkov, Eve Young February 14, 2021 If American planes are not allowed to operate emergency flights to Israel, Israeli planes will not be allowed to … Continue reading
Sirkis also points out that normalization with Morocco will also shorten the flight path for the six-hour flights it operates between Tel Aviv and Tenerife in southern Spain
GLOBES El Al, Israir, Arkia plan daily Morocco flights by Michal Raz-Chaimovitz December 11, 2020 El Al Israel Airlines is planning at least one daily flight between Israel and Morocco using Dreamliners for the five hour journey, sources inform “Globes.” … Continue reading
YESHIVA WORLD El Al Announces Resumption Of Flights Following Rozenberg’s Purchase Of 42.9% Of The Co. September 18, 2020 El Al announced on Thursday that it is resuming passenger flights from October 1 and cargo flights from September 21, Army … Continue reading
JERUSALEM POST United Airlines to launch Tel Aviv-Chicago route in September by Zachary Keyser July 7, 2020 United Airlines said this week it was further expanding its international schedule in September by adding new nonstop flights between Chicago and Tel … Continue reading
“El Al direct flight from Buenos Aires to Tel Aviv shortened by 2 hours; Sudanese authorities insisted aircraft enter its airspace only after local TV news broadcasts end”
TIMES OF ISRAEL In fresh sign of warming ties, Israeli airliner enters Sudan’s airspace by Raphael Ahren and Michael Bachner June 4, 2020 An El Al plane flying from Argentina crossed through Sudan’s airspace on Thursday, the first Israeli airliner … Continue reading
TIMES OF ISRAEL Israel reportedly decides on self-quarantine for arrivals from NY, Wash., CA by Staff March 8, 2020 Passengers arriving in Israel from New York, Washington state, and California will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days under new … Continue reading
“It’s a catastrophe,” an El Al official told Kan News, “The airlines here will collapse within weeks”
YESHIVA WORLD El Al Warns It Will Imminently Collapse; Plans To Fire 1,000 People Due To Coronavirus Losses February 27, 2020 Israel became the first country on Wednesday to advise its citizens to halt all unnecessary travel abroad in light … Continue reading
GLOBES El Al to launch Tel Aviv – Chicago flights by Michal Raz-Chaimovich February 28, 2019 El Al Israel Airlines Ltd is continuing its policy of strengthening its Israel-US business and will launch flights between Tel Aviv and Chicago next … Continue reading
“Last week, Israeli media reported of rioting Haredim onboard an El Al plane. The true story turned out to be very different, and deeply revealing”
TABLET MAG The Flight 002 Election by Liel Leibovitz November 21, 2018 Last Thursday, as New York was struggling with the obstacles presented by 5 mighty inches of snow, El Al Flight 002 to Tel Aviv, scheduled to depart at 6:30 … Continue reading
“El Al plane took off 75 minutes late due to demand by four men, who refused to speak to female flight attendants to solve matter”
TIMES OF ISRAEL NY-Israel flight delayed by ultra-Orthodox men’s refusal to sit next to women by Staff June 23, 2018 An El Al flight from New York to Israel this week was delayed for over an hour due to the … Continue reading