Most Clicked This Week
- "Israel is getting closer and closer to the Arab Gulf nations, as they realize that the Palestinian cause is a self-created dead end"
- "Kuwaiti newspaper cites unnamed senior source as saying Jerusalem behind recent incidents in Iran, following an alleged attempt by Tehran to hack Israel’s water infrastructure"
- #Prager: "It is difficult to imagine a more condescending view of a group than to argue that standards must be lowered for them to succeed"
- "This “blame it on Israel” or “blame it on the Jews” bigotry is common throughout the world at demonstrations for legitimate causes"
- “Anti-Israel demonstrators teamed up with Black Lives Matter on Wednesday, part of a series of anti-Israel demonstrations in a series of American cities over the next several days”
- View the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra gala that was hacked
- Snoop Dogg "ignoring Farrakhan's history of antisemitism, rapper calls on fans to share videos by Nation of Islam leader, excoriates Facebook over ban"
Tag Archives: Bernard Lewis
Bernard Lewis (1916-2018): “He’s been Bibi’s confidant and Edward Said’s nemesis (of whom he said, “It’s hard to know where ignorance ends and deceit begins”), but mostly, he’s been the voice of clarity in a region of distorted facts and fabrications”
JNS Bernard Lewis: 100 Years in the Making by Yonoson Rosenblum May 22, 2018 …In 1976, he published an article in Commentary, “The Return of Islam,” that broke with the prevailing orthodoxy that the Middle East was rapidly headed toward a future … Continue reading
In 1976 Bernard Lewis wrote “The Return of Islam” when “nobody foresaw the rise of #RadicalIslam—except for the preeminent historian who both predicted and explained it, and much else besides”
MOSAIC The Return of Bernard Lewis by Martin Kramer June 1, 2016 As the year 1976 opened, the Middle East hardly seemed poised for a great transformation. The shah of Iran remained firmly seated on his peacock throne. Off in … Continue reading
Harold Rhode: Critical thinking on Islamic Law was shut down by Sunni leaders 1000 years ago. This meant the end of progress, situation continues to this day
JERUSALEM POST The crisis of Arab civilization by Ariel Ben Solomon September 19, 2015 The Arab Muslim world has been going through a civilizational crisis for decades with low economic and educational performance, but the chaos in recent years has … Continue reading
REAL CLEAR POLITICS by Jonah Goldberg February 6, 2015 On Tuesday, the so-called Islamic State released a slickly produced video showing a Jordanian pilot being burned alive in a steel cage….And on Thursday, President Obama seized the opportunity of the … Continue reading